NAD: Mezzabarba content

Well, I keep hearing it’s a SLO with some Plexi thrown in. All I know is I’m loving the shit out of it. The guy that owned the amp before me, and also the original owner, lost the footswitch so I’ve still not gotten it out of the 1st channel but it’s awesome.

I got a Hosa 2-button footswitch and based on the notes in the manual, my guy Alain at Fluid Audio built me a cable that should work it just fine. JP is sorting me out with a Mezza switch, but it’ll take a good while to get here.

Well, I keep hearing it’s a SLO with some Plexi thrown in. All I know is I’m loving the s**t out of it. The guy that owned the amp before me, and also the original owner, lost the footswitch so I’ve still not gotten it out of the 1st channel but it’s awesome.

I got a Hosa 2-button footswitch and based on the notes in the manual, my guy Alain at Fluid Audio built me a cable that should work it just fine. JP is sorting me out with a Mezza switch, but it’ll take a good while to get here.
Bummer.

this video goes through what the circuit is, and some pretty alarming stuff about the safety of how the ground scheme is done. Lovely build quality and sound though.

Last edited:
The Trinity has full switching capabilities on the face of the amp via buttons and is also midi. I’ve seen a handful of Mzeros like this. Most don’t do it.

The Trinity has full switching capabilities on the face of the amp via buttons and is also midi. I’ve seen a handful of Mzeros like this. Most don’t do it.
Yeah you have to get the Midi options on the MZero to do that

Update!

My bud made me a 5-pin to TRS cable and I bought a Hosa switch.

Holy f**k! I went from really liking this amp to f*****g loving it!!!
You see the capability far beyond the SLO now?? The SLO has nowhere near that much gain or low end

You see the capability far beyond the SLO now?? The SLO has nowhere near that much gain or low end
Well, to be fair, I could only compare against my 100 white avenger, but I will tell you this amp really doesn’t need a boost to do super heavy shit. And yes, so much low end! I would have to say, this is one of my better all time amp purchases.

Trinity is even heavier if you can imagine it.

Attachments

• 535D2650-32B9-4B44-9907-983B0B17D9B9.jpeg
    535D2650-32B9-4B44-9907-983B0B17D9B9.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 42
Do you have WOS? How about the power section modeling.
I do. I’ve got the Torpedo Studio as well. Honestly I don’t use the power amp modeling very much as I usually will run a preamp through one of my power amps into the studio. I like the power amps pres/res control as as well as the additional negative feedback controls.

My dude..welcome to the fold.
I have the Eric Steckel MONSTER.
I’ve been preach in’ to the choir for a while now.
The equalization adjustment ranges are astounding.
The bright switch & boosts are KILLER.
So useful and doesn’t add gain the wrong way
in the boosts.
Dude,bury the gain in channel 1,
-then you can add the bright switch, then you can add the boost..
Wait a minute there’s another fucking channel?
Oh yes there is!!!
MORE boosts on boosts without blowin’ a load.
Omnipotent amount punch in the grunt.
Monster mutes for thousands of country miles.
This thing will pop the drivers right outta the cabinet.
The ES with this Zilla slightly oversized bottom cab with a slightly angled top baffle..
plus EVH Greenbacks..it’s unreal what your hearing.
That Steckel really likes piledriving those four drivers.
The cabinet stays tight and ruthlessly punchy.
The angled top, insane build quality and sick ass design ,
-keep those Greenies tight as a dolphins butthole.
Stoked!!!

Btw, the Zilla in red bronco is an exact match to
the Lenz Hot Chili I have.
I didn’t know this beforehand,
Zilla Custom Cabinets makes Lenz’s headshells.
So the tolex & piping is an exact match.
That was a heavy metal rad coincidence, right?
Super dope!’

Attachments

• 4810ADCB-3C73-4281-9C76-FB922F2186E1.jpeg
    4810ADCB-3C73-4281-9C76-FB922F2186E1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
  • D48DC212-AB63-46C3-8BF3-C14748C23A03.jpeg
    D48DC212-AB63-46C3-8BF3-C14748C23A03.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
My dude..welcome to the fold.
I have the Eric Steckel MONSTER.
I’ve been preach in’ to the choir for a while now.
The equalization adjustment ranges are astounding.
The bright switch & boosts are KILLER.
So useful and doesn’t add gain the wrong way
in the boosts.
Dude,bury the gain in channel 1,
-then you can add the bright switch, then you can add the boost..
Wait a minute there’s another f*****g channel?
Oh yes there is!!!
MORE boosts on boosts without blowin’ a load.
Omnipotent amount punch in the grunt.
Monster mutes for thousands of country miles.
This thing will pop the drivers right outta the cabinet.
The ES with this Zilla slightly oversized bottom cab with a slightly angled top baffle..
plus EVH Greenbacks..it’s unreal what your hearing.
That Steckel really likes piledriving those four drivers.
The cabinet stays tight and ruthlessly punchy.
The angled top, insane build quality and sick ass design ,
-keep those Greenies tight as a dolphins butthole.
Stoked!!!

Btw, the Zilla in red bronco is an exact match to
the Lenz Hot Chili I have.
I didn’t know this beforehand,
Zilla Custom Cabinets makes Lenz’s headshells.
So the tolex & piping is an exact match.
That was a heavy metal rad coincidence, right?
Super dope!’

Nice setup.

Anyone have any personal experience with the Steckel MZero compared to the regular MZero OD?

Anyone have any personal experience with the Steckel MZero compared to the regular MZero OD?
No but I have some personal experience with the Steckel, himself lol. Hung at NAMM a bunch and he’s been to my house and borrowed gear for local shows. The MZero is heavy. The Steckel is heavy as balls. If it gives you any information, when he had the chance to take the Trinity or the MZero for his local dates, he took the MZero if thats any indication to you. If you’re in NY/NJ, I may know where there is a local one for you to check out, but I’d have to see, first.

No but I have some personal experience with the Steckel, himself lol. Hung at NAMM a bunch and he’s been to my house and borrowed gear for local shows. The MZero is heavy. The Steckel is heavy as balls. If it gives you any information, when he had the chance to take the Trinity or the MZero for his local dates, he took the MZero if thats any indication to you. If you’re in NY/NJ, I may know where there is a local one for you to check out, but I’d have to see, first.
I had a used MZero at a great price slip through my fingers today. Think it’s voiced just about perfect for what I’m looking for. Trying to figure out if the Eric Steckel will be even more so or whether it’s moving away from that. I had already been bouncing back and forth between an MZero and Trinity, and finally thought I’d go for the MZero. Probably won’t be in NY/NJ area anytime soon. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Back