NAD: Mark IV

Not trying to rub anything in.
Not at all.
Nuh uh.

20231211_182304-jpg.15631

:LOL:

I've still never played a single Mrak other than the Kingsnake

Dave even brought his legit 2c+ to a jam once but I don't think anyone ever even plugged it in /fail

Damn! For real? I thought you were in the ol' GAB mrak III club lol. I think a mark would be right up your alley, and particularly suited for your fusion shreddnes

What else was there that a 2c+ would get ignored?? :LOL:

Not at all.
Nuh uh.

Damn thats a clean one! Mine was a lot more beat up lol

Damn! For real? I thought you were in the ol' GAB mrak III club lol. I think a mark would be right up your alley, and particularly suited for your fusion shreddnes

What else was there that a 2c+ would get ignored?? :LOL:

Honestly just about every $$$$ unobtainium amp you could imagine; we had that place absolutely STACKED with killer amps lmao

I did own a Studio preamp for a little bit which I'm told is Mrak-like....ended up flipping it because I realized I could get my D60 to basically sound identical to it

Damn thats a clean one! Mine was a lot more beat up lol

The pilot lamp was busted and some tolex had lifted in places when I got it - easy fixes.
I also put in fresh filter caps and did the mod so channel two has a master volume on the back.
Had to sacrifice the DI out level pot but it's well worth it.

The pilot lamp was busted and some tolex had lifted in places when I got it - easy fixes.
I also put in fresh filter caps and did the mod so channel two has a master volume on the back.
Had to sacrifice the DI out level pot but it's well worth it.

I'd say thats a worthwhile trade lol

Honestly just about every $$$$ unobtainium amp you could imagine; we had that place absolutely STACKED with killer amps lmao

I did own a Studio preamp for a little bit which I'm told is Mrak-like....ended up flipping it because I realized I could get my D60 to basically sound identical to it
Devin is also responsible for some of the sexiest Prosonic tones ever. And his Sound City rig is boner inducing. Not that Dev himself isn’t :love:

Si Papi :love

Helps rectify some mistakes of my past (ie selling a V and a III)
It's probably worth checking the power tubes at some point. The SimulClass power section in these amps needs two different ratings of power tubes if it's loaded with all 6L6s. The outer (Class A) sockets are biased hotter and should be either RED or YEL match group to stay cool, and the middle (Class AB) sockets should be GRN or GRY match group. A regular matched quad will cook the outer two tubes.

It's probably worth checking the power tubes at some point. The SimulClass power section in these amps needs two different ratings of power tubes if it's loaded with all 6L6s. The outer (Class A) sockets are biased hotter and should be either RED or YEL match group to stay cool, and the middle (Class AB) sockets should be GRN or GRY match group. A regular matched quad will cook the outer two tubes.

Word I'll take a look. I'm guessing those color matched groups are mesa labeled? It does have mesa tubes, possibly even the original ones. I don't think this amp was played a whole ton

Finally got to crank this today at practice

Holy shit :love

Forgot about that Mark roar. Crushing and tight focused chugs. Blistering smooth leads. All the cliches and buzzwords :rofl

At this time the idea of doing a headshell conversion has left my mind. Surprised at how tight it he gain remains and the low end holds up with the open back. Also mics up very easily/well. 10/10 will be using at my next gig

Unbelievable loud too for a 1x12

Not at all.
Nuh uh.

Absolutely unreal how clean that III is.
Finally got to crank this today at practice

Holy shit :love

Forgot about that Mark roar. Crushing and tight focused chugs. Blistering smooth leads. All the cliches and buzzwords :rofl

At this time the idea of doing a headshell conversion has left my mind. Surprised at how tight it he gain remains and the low end holds up with the open back. Also mics up very easily/well. 10/10 will be using at my next gig

Unbelievable loud too for a 1x12
I promise you no matter how amazing that combo sounds, there will be more of everything you like about it through a larger cab, preferably sealed or close to it.

This is coming from a guy who rehoused into a blue stripe head a couple years back. It’s a game changer for these…not sure I would have kept the amp as a combo.

Thiele dudes… $375 for an mc90 a fair price? That’s the lowest he’ll go

There’s also one for $500 with an ev but that seems outrageous to me for a used 1x12

I used it with my Madison t75 loaded 2x12 at practice last week, and I loved the low end response but I don’t think it was quite enough to push me over the edge towards a conversion :idk

Which has me back thinking about a mini stack

Back