NAD: Mark IV

When those first came out Mesa ran full page ads in all of the mags; and there were a number of them in the latter 80s.
This was at a point of young parenthood and home ownership where my finances were tighter than all hell and my chances
of owning one were quite a bit less than zero.

Still spent tons of time drooling over those ads!

Couldn't find it but here's an early review.

* that footswitch was pretty mind blowing all by itself!
Mesa-Boogie-Mark-lV.jpg

ENJOY THE HELL out of that one man!

Last edited:
Isn't it weird that you can't switch the reverb with the big footswitch? I was always wondering about that (not that I ever used the reverb on mine, but still...).

Isn't it weird that you can't switch the reverb with the big footswitch? I was always wondering about that (not that I ever used the reverb on mine, but still...).

Is a bit odd, that would make more sense than the somewhat redundant lead and lead+EQ buttons?
Fook yeah, Man! :banana

That is an insane deal. Are high wattage tube amps this dead
in some places that people are borderline giving them away?? :unsure:

We are definitely not in 2020-21 anymore where shit skyrocketed.

I’m a deal hound but honestly what I think is happening is people are still trying to list at those super high prices but they’re not moving quickly if at all :idk

Yup. Good call. If it's listed at a certain price that is generally NOT someone's bottom dollar.

I almost want to buy a 3rd just for shits and giggles. :LOL:

Always room for mark talk! I’ve seen a couple V for 1800 and even that is a killer price

Meanwhile I haven’t really seen a III listed for less than $2k in a month of Sunday’s, and if it is it’s a beat up non EQ version

When those first came out Mesa ran full page ads in all of the mags; and there were a number of them in the latter 80s.
This was at a point of young parenthood and home ownership where my finances were tighter than all hell and my chances
of owning one were quite a bit less than zero.

Still spent tons of time drooling over those ads!

Couldn't find it but here's an early review.

* that footswitch was pretty mind blowing all by itself!
Mesa-Boogie-Mark-lV.jpg

ENJOY THE HELL out of that one man!
That's a product profile that Mesa put out. They had them for all the early '90s gear.

Mark-IV-1.jpg

Mark-IV-2.jpg

I'd rather have the loop switch as it is. Pity it changes the tone a bit.

Drummer caught the rona... likely from our show last thursday so getting a true crank of the IV is delayed :(

Still been playing it exclusively at home the past few days. Rhy 1 and 2 sound amazing even at low volume. I'm getting good tone out of the lead channel but I can tell its getting danker and danker the more I sneak up the volume lol. Looking forward to some hours at band volume

Back