NAD: Mark IV

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
Full saga available in my other thread, but all said and done successfully acquired for $1k plus $40 for the step up transformer

Haven’t really spent any meaningful time with it and probably won’t be able to til this weekend. Gonna crack a manual in the mean time, Lots going on here. I’ve owned a V and III in the past but it’s been a while

Pretty stoked tho!!

15CE6D12-0BD5-43CE-A74D-076A882DF0C7.jpeg

Attachments

• 84D69415-E05A-467F-A7DF-E74002EC606B.jpeg
    84D69415-E05A-467F-A7DF-E74002EC606B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 392
Running through an appropriate speaker, IMO the clean channel is one of the best pedal platforms there ever was. And as I was only using it as such, I sold mine, couldn't sort of justify wasting 2 full channels. Defenitely something I regret (especially as I sold mine for less than what you paid, including a 2x12 cab...).

Anyhow, have fun, great deal!

Running through an appropriate speaker, IMO the clean channel is one of the best pedal platforms there ever was. And as I was only using it as such, I sold mine, couldn't sort of justify wasting 2 full channels. Defenitely something I regret (especially as I sold mine for less than what you paid, including a 2x12 cab...).

Anyhow, have fun, great deal!
Never sell something just because you think you aren't using all of its features. I've done that mistake sooooo many times! Never again!

I loved the mrak IV B short head I had and you got it at a steal! I think I got mine for $1300 off of reverb but now those prices have skyrocketed.

Do you feel content with you amp stable or still itching for something else?

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!

I loved the mrak IV B short head I had and you got it at a steal! I think I got mine for $1300 off of reverb but now those prices have skyrocketed.

Do you feel content with you amp stable or still itching for something else?

I was already fairly content, especially cuz the 5153 is just so damn good but I’ve been wanting a mark again for many years so this should have me pretty set. Not in that group picture I also have an Engl thunder and a 1976 deluxe reverb

Still would like a Ceriatone Marshall flavorhigh gainer but that would probably be a ways out

Nice score dude, I bet that amp will be perfect for Jawa! The IV is one of the best engineered amps of all time, or at least the 20th century. And it has wheels, so your back will thank you. :LOL:

Thanks dudes!!

Spending a little time with it this morning, cleans are to die for. I don’t mind the cleans on my 5153/other high gainers but this certainly another level.

A lot going on and im not even bothering with R2 at the moment :lol:

Doing some dialing in on the lead channel but this definitely isn’t an apartment amp :lol: still getting some good tones at reasonable volumes so far. Probably will still give it a good brief cranking this afternoon

Have practice on Wednesday tho so that’ll be the real test. Have 3 gigs in April so hopefully will make a live appearance as well we shall see

Once you get everything sorted by getting lost,
-channel 3 rules all of the wastelands of
high gain cruncher’s rhythm channels.
That’s it right there, adios Sancho’s…
(Sancho’s is a kept close to the chest hilarious joke amongst the Mexicanos’ of Chiapas-Mexico, btw).

Back