NAD: Ceriatone Chupacabra 50w (pink & blue)

I love gold but I think in this case these knobs are a better fit.

That pink and blue tolex makes me want to put cute stickers all over this thing tho!
I think the gold was alright too but these seem to gel just a hair better with the amp; may flip between these and the gold later on knowing me.

Kids are already having a go at it with the stickers lol - it's that type of an amp :D

It's here!!! Just three weeks after I sent the payment, the Chupacabra 50 arrived safely at my door in Germany.

But now comes the bad part of the story... the Suhr Reactive Load hasn't arrived yet, so I can't test the amp right now (I have to go to work in an hour anyway), but I'm hoping the RL will arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Wish me luck!

IMG_0808 (1).jpeg

It's here!!! Just three weeks after I sent the payment, the Chupacabra 50 arrived safely at my door in Germany.

But now comes the bad part of the story... the Suhr Reactive Load hasn't arrived yet, so I can't test the amp right now (I have to go to work in an hour anyway), but I'm hoping the RL will arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Wish me luck!

View attachment 20342
I also see another major issue...it's not pink and blue!

View attachment 20342
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Enjoy the amp man!
Let us know how you get on with it!
What tubes do you have in it?

View attachment 20342
Congrats. I look forward to reading your opinion and maybe hearing some audio clips

My bag of resistors came in today; so did the E34L tubes.

New PT still in transit.

Today, I was toying around with my SYN-1 and Camerock module; had it hooked into the FX Return of the Chupacabra 50W and got a damn good chug from it - snappier than the Chupa's preamp. I have a hunch that the V1A plate resistor may just do the trick.

Gonna do some reamps before and after each swap starting with power tubes later this evening. Going from EH EL34 to JJ E34L (this is what Ceriatone uses for the hot-rodded Plexi line).

View attachment 20342

Looks awesome! What is the price of that thing here in Europe with shipping and the expensive VAT we have? 2500€+?

Looks awesome! What is the price of that thing here in Europe with shipping and the expensive VAT we have? 2500€+?
Shipping is listed on the Ceriatone site: https://ceriatone.com/shipment-table/

Prices are too for each amp; Chupa50 is 1,325 USD without the buffered loop: https://ceriatone.com/series/model/hot-rodded-plexi/

You can order these without tubes and it'll lower the cost - prices with / without tubes are listed for each amp.

VAT depends on the country you're in and what is the declared value (and proof of that value's payment) of the goods & shipping.

Shipping is listed on the Ceriatone site: https://ceriatone.com/shipment-table/

Prices are too for each amp; Chupa50 is 1,325 USD without the buffered loop: https://ceriatone.com/series/model/hot-rodded-plexi/

You can order these without tubes and it'll lower the cost - prices with / without tubes are listed for each amp.

VAT depends on the country you're in and what is the declared value (and proof of that value's payment) of the goods & shipping.

I have looked at that before, and calculated, but some manufacturers can do special deals to get the VAT down, or special shipping solution, hence why I asked what the final price was from someone that actually ordered it to Europe. I've only heard people from US order it which doesn't really provide much for me :)

Nah, incl. buffered FX loop mod, FedEx shipping, import duties / VAT and a set of JJs from tube-town I paid 1900 EUR.

Wow really? That's... not bad! A 50 watt 1987x is around €1500 new, so this is not much more!
Did you have any mods done to it from factory, or it's vanilla? :)

I have looked at that before, and calculated, but some manufacturers can do special deals to get the VAT down, or special shipping solution, hence why I asked what the final price was from someone that actually ordered it to Europe. I've only heard people from US order it which doesn't really provide much for me :)

Wow really? That's... not bad! A 50 watt 1987x is around €1500 new, so this is not much more!
Did you have any mods done to it from factory, or it's vanilla? :)
I'm in Europe (Romania). You can get in touch with Nik and he'll help you out on getting stuff sorted with shipping / value etc.

Back