NAD: Ceriatone Chupacabra 50w (pink & blue)

So you're Lasse Lammert!
:columbo :satan
In the FLASH

The Flash Batman GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

I don't know if I love the color scheme more or the visual of some headbanging neanderthal playing the brootalz on it :)

Your observations of their buffered loop are consistent with mine. No noise, no tone suck, not even a perceptible change in feel.

Ceriatone stuff is ridiculously good. Glad this had a happy ending.

Just something I finished putting together today:

Also shot some frequency response plots yesterday to compare how the amp behaves with different loads attached to it.

Cabs and loads tested through the Ceriatone Chupacabra 50W:

- Mesa 2x12
- Mesa 4x12 OS Straight
- ENGL 1x12
- ReactIR
- ReactIR but hooked up to the THRU port on the Suhr Reactive load
- Suhr Reactive Load

What's interesting is the blue line on the plot which is the ReactIR going to the THRU port of the Suhr (this one's hooked to the Speaker port on the amp).

Looks like a lot more high-end content makes it through than if you were to run the Amp directly into the ReactIR.

1708457252398.png

Man, I really want to get a Mesa Mark, but Ceriatone are reaalllllllly making me itchy the last few months. I feel like his pricing is going to jump through the roof sooner than later and I’ll be kicking myself for not getting one beforehand.

Congrats, man!!!!

Man, I really want to get a Mesa Mark, but Ceriatone are reaalllllllly making me itchy the last few months. I feel like his pricing is going to jump through the roof sooner than later and I’ll be kicking myself for not getting one beforehand.

Congrats, man!!!!
Thank you, I was off to a bumpier start on this purchase but I'm getting to love the amp the more I play it.

Not sure if it's the honey-moon thing or not but tonally, I prefer it over the others in the bunch I own (King Kong, Molecular & Chupacabra) - feel like it can get VERY aggressive but also very FAT & bouncy if you want it too.

I would have probably not purchased the King Kong & Chupacabra because I was initially trying to get a Badlander. Since I got sick of waiting for Mesa to get stock back to the EU, I gave up on their Gib$on a$$ and went full on Ceriatone.

Thank you, I was off to a bumpier start on this purchase but I'm getting to love the amp the more I play it.

Not sure if it's the honey-moon thing or not but tonally, I prefer it over the others in the bunch I own (King Kong, Molecular & Chupacabra) - feel like it can get VERY aggressive but also very FAT & bouncy if you want it too.

I would have probably not purchased the King Kong & Chupacabra because I was initially trying to get a Badlander. Since I got sick of waiting for Mesa to get stock back to the EU, I gave up on their Gib$on a$$ and went full on Ceriatone.

are the gain stages of the chupa footswitchable at all?

I’d love to save some dough and get a chupa but to be useful with my band I’d need to be able to switch between clean and mean

are the gain stages of the chupa footswitchable at all?

I’d love to save some dough and get a chupa but to be useful with my band I’d need to be able to switch between clean and mean
Not on the vanilla model but if you email Nik I'm sure they can do a one-off for you.
The King Kong is a 2-channel amp and they can voice the high-gain channel to whatever you want it to (vanilla KK, Molecular, Yeti, Chupacabra etc.)

Hm, maybe a Chupacabra could be the solution to my „I love the JVM OD2 Orange channel but can‘t stand the insane amount of noise“ problem?! :unsure:

Last edited:
Just finished trying EHX EL34 tubes in the amp vs JJ EL34II.

There is a slight difference but overall, nothing that can't be matched with fiddling around with the tonestack knobs by the looks of it.

Just something I finished putting together today:

Congrats on the amp..
Love the finish!

I saw your Chupacabra instant gratification NAM captures 8 mins after you uploaded those.. remembering your NAD thread, I was excited to give it a try.

Had a ton of fun and needed no tweaking or EQ. Awesome sounding amp for sure.
It’s right in the pocket.

Edit:
Thanks for the captures!

Congrats on the amp..
Love the finish!

I saw your Chupacabra instant gratification NAM captures 8 mins after you uploaded those.. remembering your NAD thread, I was excited to give it a try.

Had a ton of fun and needed no tweaking or EQ. Awesome sounding amp for sure.
It’s right in the pocket.

Edit:
Thanks for the captures!
Shot those "instant gratification" settings again today but using my Mesa Rectifier 4x12 OS Straight as the native load.

Direct and SM57 on the top-right speaker profiles included.

Back