NAD: Ceriatone Chupacabra 50w (pink & blue)

Shot those "instant gratification" settings again today but using my Mesa Rectifier 4x12 OS Straight as the native load.

Direct and SM57 on the top-right speaker profiles included.
Awesome, will check those out sometime today.

The clips sound great. The guts look great. I think about getting in line for the Ceriatone modded Marshall’s every now and then. Will check out on the NAM captures.

Just curious what level your recorded signals are peaking at in your clips in relation to the noise figures, which seem great for such a high gain amp.

The clips sound great. The guts look great. I think about getting in line for the Ceriatone modded Marshall’s every now and then. Will check out on the NAM captures.

Just curious what level your recorded signals are peaking at in your clips in relation to the noise figures, which seem great for such a high gain amp.
Haven't measured tbh but if you grab the NAM profile ls they ought to be representative of the noise levels as the ESR levels of the profiles are very good.

I'll re-test the sample that was noisiest & will post back in a few.

@bikescene

Idling at -50 dB in Reaper:
1708628804296.png

Settings are as follows (Master is very high up and both Bright switches engaged).
1708628827369.png

That Lasse Lammert Mago DI track ran through the amp at these settings peaks at -5.3 dB

1708628978122.png

Thanks for sharing. I’m still contemplating going to the Ceriatone Chupacabra route for a new future purchase. I also use a Suhr RL at similar levels and am neurotic about noise.
You'll love the amp if you get it - I'm 100% sure of it.
I feel the tonestack on it is just right and the knobs have a fair deal of range in the right spots.
Ceriatone amps come with DC heaters so they'll be as quiet as they come.

A 100 watter just showed up on Reverb.

Awesome looking amp. Those 100W will be killer for sure. Ceriatone's trannies are heavy-duty stuff.

@bikescene if you throw an EH 7025EH (kind of like an 12ax7 but with better SNR and just smidge less gain) in V1, the noise drops even lower at idle:
1708681407520.png

Awesome looking amp. Those 100W will be killer for sure. Ceriatone's trannies are heavy-duty stuff.
I'm curious to see how long it will be available. The Hot Rodded Plexi series amps usually sell quickly, and that emerald green headshell looks fantastic.

The guy is selling it because he recently purchased a new King Kong.

I'm curious to see how long it will be available. The Hot Rodded Plexi series amps usually sell quickly, and that emerald green headshell looks fantastic.

The guy is selling it because he recently purchased a new King Kong.
Has the buffered loop as well - great overall package.

Killer amp. You should replace the gold knobs with silver ones or even black Friedman style. Congrats!

I’ve ordered from these guys in the past.

Killer amp. You should replace the gold knobs with silver ones or even black Friedman style. Congrats!

I’ve ordered from these guys in the past.
Thank you :D

I have actually placed an order for silver knobs yesterday! Hope I ordered the right kind and all lol.

Will post back once they're here & if they're the right fit.

..probably overkill but YOLO lol

View attachment 19047

Gonna stick this in and lavish in glorious brootz
Profiles with the knobs at noon, bright switches to the left.

Toyed around with the ERA (Jose clipping) and the Deep knob on the Mr. Scary:

If you're into the AH 50 Deluxe like PLX has (Niks take one the FMAN BE 50 Deluxe). here you go.... I'd call or look for a blackened faceplate and remove the Ceriatone plate as well. $1599 shipped. Pretty good deal if you already have a good cab.

Back