NAD: Ceriatone Chupacabra 50w (pink & blue)

Huh I didn't know this!
I found out about it because I was noticing some weird stuff with my audio interface (Quad Cortex) at that time I posted in that thread.
The RL-IR version as an active buffer on the output by the looks of it so it has a much lower output impedance.
Anyway, per John Suhr's last post there, if using the Suhr RL's XLR output and you're going into a LINE INPUT, you should be safe if that LINE INPUT's rated above 10Kohms.

I found out about it because I was noticing some weird stuff with my audio interface (Quad Cortex) at that time I posted in that thread.
The RL-IR version as an active buffer on the output by the looks of it so it has a much lower output impedance.
Anyway, by the looks of it, if using the Suhr RL's XLR output and you're going into a LINE INPUT, you should be safe if that LINE INPUT's rated above 10Kohms.
Yeah I have no idea tbh. I always felt like XLR was more quiet?

I'm going to switch over to line out

Yeah I have no idea tbh. I always felt like XLR was more quiet?

I'm going to switch over to line out
Yeah - run the XLR cable from the Suhr RL into a Line Input on your interface.
Out of curiosity, what interface are you using with the Suhr RL?

Yeah - run the XLR cable from the Suhr RL into a Line Input on your interface.
Out of curiosity, what interface are you using with the Suhr RL?
I guess that's the next question. I have an audient EVO 8 and since it has a combo jack, I wonder how I make sure it's on line input 🤔

@Mongillo19 OK so just make sure the cable that's going into the EVO is a TRS jack.

1710963308873.png

You'll want a XLR (female) cable that plugs into the Suhr-RL and goes to the EVO8 but with a 1/4" TRS male jack end.

Appreciate the help! Wonder if I'll notice a difference
There would be a difference; probably cleaner high-end.
That said, you can also try going from the Suhr's unbalanced DI out into the HI-Z instrument input. That'll be 100% safe and if you don't have any crazy long cable runs, it should get you better results than how you had it running before (Suhr XLR out into MIC XLR input on the EVO)

There would be a difference; probably cleaner high-end.
That said, you can also try going from the Suhr's unbalanced DI out into the HI-Z instrument input. That'll be 100% safe and if you don't have any crazy long cable runs, it should get you better results than how you had it running before (Suhr XLR out into MIC XLR input on the EVO)
Gotcha. And for the unbalanced out of the Suhr to the HI Z of the EVO, I can just use a traditional guitar cable, correct?

Gotcha. And for the unbalanced out of the Suhr to the HI Z of the EVO, I can just use a traditional guitar cable, correct?
Yes.
FWIW Sommer Spirit LLX cables are the "bee's knees" for this type of cable run. I flipped between several instrument cables early last year and these are what I settled on (not just for the Suhr RL but when going from my guitars to amps, interface etc).

Last edited:
I already had a Suhr RL before and I agree that it‘s best to buy an XLR to TRS cable and connect it to the audio interface‘s balanced line input.

The Suhr RL arrived yesterday and I only had a few minutes in the evening to play with the amp. Dear dark lord, this thing has an insane amount of gain! I will take some time today to bias it properly and then delve deeper into the tones. But the first impression was great!

Last edited:
Back