Modeller enthusiasts who can't dial in patches

Some of them are very well paid. I know a three world-class musicians who regularly do paid church gigs. They are religious, but they don't work for free. There's one megachurch here in North Texas that has the Dallas Symphony Orchestra perform on occasion. You can bet your ass they're getting paid for that.

Sure, we have at least sorta similar things over here as well (ok, defenitely not as regularly), but I was more interested in your average P&W service in whatever common churches. I mean, is that like something you do because you're religious and you get some free coffee and 50 bucks on top or are we talking a sort of serious part of your income here (like, say, 300 bucks and up)?

It is a huge segment in terms of gear sales.

Video stuff too. My buddy is a worship leader at this place. The rigging and video screens are on par
with the Hard Rock Cafe downtown!

1708958640290.png

I went to a service with my boss recently, both guys were using Reverends into their own Helix. I kinda sat down like it was a sporting game, waiting to be entertained by lush clean tones with lots of delay and verb. I was not let down. It was actually pretty cool, one dude kept a pad kinda thing going under the pastor’s sermon and I’d have to imagine there’s a goo amount of restraint involved in that.

Very similar to what Devin Townsend does in his recent updates where he’s just letting the delays and verb do most of the heavy lifting, but to just stay chill in that spot without doing something to be distracting or getting lost in the tones and forgetting you’re onstage, I could very easily see myself shutting my eyes and just noodling away mid-sermon. :rofl

African-American churches >>>>> other churches especially in the context of musicianship. You can really feel the vibe

Yeah, pretty much this.
Been playing some gospel stuff for things such as workshops held by some african american folks (including a pretty big choire) and just loved it. Great tunes (in quite jazzy/soul-y/funky arrangements) and incredible singing energy. Those choires, man!

African-American churches >>>>> other churches especially in the context of musicianship. You can really feel the vibe
That's the kind of church I would join if I was religious.

I was in New York on vacation around 2009 and walking at the edge of Harlem, I heard music coming from a nearby church. Popped my head in and the going was intense. Dancing, groove, everyone really getting into it and having a good time. That's more my kind of gospel.

Back