Mesa Rules

I have issues with Gibson owning them, but it hasn't affected the quality of the product. Mostly back end *****ery. Gibson are a bunch of asshats. It's amazing to me that they're still in business.

Getting Ready Episode 2 GIF by The Office

jk, I only do that on TGP :rofl

Despite the criticism they get from being a part of Gibson, they are a class-act.

When the TC-50 was announced I was seriously considering getting one but I really wanted a 100 watt version. I called Mesa and asked them if there was going to be a 100 watt version and they said no.

So I bought a TC-50 and a month later they released the TC-100.

Not very classy as far as I'm concerned.

When the TC-50 was announced I was seriously considering getting one but I really wanted a 100 watt version. I called Mesa and asked them if there was going to be a 100 watt version and they said no.

So I bought a TC-50 and a month later they released the TC-100.

Not very classy as far as I'm concerned.
I’m not sure what you’d expect them to do though, in the internet age where information spreads fast. It is a bummer of a situation though. Fractal has done the same thing.

Fractal has done the same thing.

True but I've never considered any of Fractal's improved versions to be as significant of a difference as a 50 watt to a 100 watt model.

I wanted that headroom for playing clean in larger venues without sound reinforcement. The TC-50 isn't bad in that regard but I have run out of clean headroom with it.

True but I've never considered any of Fractal's improved versions to be as significant of a difference as a 50 watt to a 100 watt model.

I wanted that headroom for playing clean in larger venues without sound reinforcement. The TC-50 isn't bad in that regard but I have run out of clean headroom with it.
I guess you don’t remember the AxeII to AxeIII. Lots of people bought the former, only for the latter to be announced soon after. Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I just don’t think you can really expect companies to voluntarily spill the beans anymore, with the Internet gossip being what it is.

I guess you don’t remember the AxeII to AxeIII. Lots of people bought the former, only for the latter to be announced soon after. Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I just don’t think you can really expect companies to voluntarily spill the beans anymore, with the Internet gossip being what it is.

I had an Axe II and it was a good while after I got it before the Axe III started shipping. Now if you mean the Axe II XL and the announcement of the III then yes. I've never gotten upset about the announcement of an upgraded version of one of their products. I seem to have zero FOMO.

The transition from the II to the III was major but was the biggest difference a model change made in Fractal products. Otherwise, at least to me, the newer releases have been incremental if you're talking about things the difference between the original versions and the Turbo or Mark II on the foot controller.

My point about Mesa was that they outright lied to me. There's no way that they didn't know that a 100 watt version of the TC was going to be offered 30 days before it began to ship. I don't remember Fractal lying about things like that. Whether others have done it or not it seems pretty dishonorable to me. Far from "classy".

I had an Axe II and it was a good while after I got it before the Axe III started shipping. Now if you mean the Axe II XL and the announcement of the III then yes. I've never gotten upset about the announcement of an upgraded version of one of their products. I seem to have zero FOMO.

The transition from the II to the III was major but was the biggest difference a model change made in Fractal products. Otherwise, at least to me, the newer releases have been incremental if you're talking about things the difference between the original versions and the Turbo or Mark II on the foot controller.

My point about Mesa was that they outright lied to me. There's no way that they didn't know that a 100 watt version of the TC was going to be offered 30 days before it began to ship. I don't remember Fractal lying about things like that. Whether others have done it or not it seems pretty dishonorable to me. Far from "classy".
LOL don’t be pedantic. You know what I mean. The final version of the II, and then the first version of the III. People had bought the AxeFX II XL GT MkVII, and then the III came out shortly after.

So anyways, roadster channel 4 modern mode all EQ and gain dimed (bass and middle backed off slightly) is a pretty cool tone

Back