Made in Japan Fender.... Aerodyne Much?

Cool! Can you let me know what you think of them? I have a Tele I already think is perfect for
me so I only pulled the trigger on an HSS Strat.
I think they're very comfortable, easy and fast playing guitars. The Babics bridge hardware is solid on both and the trem has a very nice feel on the Strat. The sounds are recognizably Strat and Tele out of the box. There's a little something different, though. Maybe it's the look influencing my ears, but there seems to be a little more modern upper-mid-forward sound to them - and edge that isn't ice pick-y at all. I like 'em a lot.

Very similar here. Have only had the Strat. Been almost 2 months now. Played it at home and with the band.

I dig it. I compare it to MIJ Ibanez Prestige guitars that are $2k. Has a very similar vibe and feel as those. Really
refined feel on the hands. And yes, tonally, they have that upper mid bark----which is a nice contrast to the
low-mid grunt I get from an LP.

Kind of a steal at $600. They retailed for $1399 new!

I think they're very comfortable, easy and fast playing guitars. The Babics bridge hardware is solid on both and the trem has a very nice feel on the Strat. The sounds are recognizably Strat and Tele out of the box. There's a little something different, though. Maybe it's the look influencing my ears, but there seems to be a little more modern upper-mid-forward sound to them - and edge that isn't ice pick-y at all. I like 'em a lot.

Very similar here. Have only had the Strat. Been almost 2 months now. Played it at home and with the band.

I dig it. I compare it to MIJ Ibanez Prestige guitars that are $2k. Has a very similar vibe and feel as those. Really
refined feel on the hands. And yes, tonally, they have that upper mid bark----which is a nice contrast to the
low-mid grunt I get from an LP.

Kind of a steal at $600. They retailed for $1399 new!
What are the nut widths on those? More the Tele, since I have bought and sold 3 strats over the years and never liked playing them. Maybe the Tele will be better. At least that is what my brain is trying to tell me...

What are the nut widths on those? More the Tele, since I have bought and sold 3 strats over the years and never liked playing them. Maybe the Tele will be better. At least that is what my brain is trying to tell me...
1.69"/43mm, pretty much the same as the American Professional (among others).

Damn, I missed this thread. I love the looks of this line. MIJ Fenders are great. I have an 80's Squier that has a slim neck but it's very comfortable and fun to play, and I normally prefer fat necks.

Was hoping all the MIJ stuff was still on sale... :poop:

I played a blue "international color" tele this summer that was GREAT.

Hope my neck warnings weren't too sever or off-putting @la szum and glad you're enjoying the aerodyne!

I am glad I took the plunge on the Aerodyne. It is on the slimmer side of necks, but not the slimmest I have tried.

I also think I am easier to get along with than I used to be... so maybe there is something there in being less stuck
in my ways. :idk

Back