Made in Japan Fender.... Aerodyne Much?

la szum

Goatlord
@TheTrueZoltan! recent studio room pic turned me onto a really cool Made in Japan Fender (Modern?). Not sure
of the exact model, but it led to me looking and I have landed on a lot of really cool Made in Japan Fender models
you don't see in production in the United States (or Mexico). I really like this Aerodyne model that was released in
late 2022. Anyone else have thoughts or experiences to share on MIJ Fenders? I owned a Kotzen Tele for a few years
and it was great. That's my only experience with MIJ Fender guitars. :idk

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-3c3ff2a5d8061b7fb34cad2ba9c4e3e3.jpg

@TheTrueZoltan! recent studio room pic turned me onto a really cool Made in Japan Fender (Modern?). Not sure
of the exact model, but it led to me looking and I have landed on a lot of really cool Made in Japan Fender models
you don't see in production in the United States (or Mexico). I really like this Aerodyne model that was released in
late 2022. Anyone else have thoughts or experiences to share on MIJ Fenders? I owned a Kotzen Tele for a few years
and it was great. That's my only experience with MIJ Fender guitars. :idk

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-3c3ff2a5d8061b7fb34cad2ba9c4e3e3.jpg
I played one (very) briefly and unplugged at GC recently. Neck was pretty thin - actually reminded me of late-80s Yamaha necks which kinda sent me on a bit of a tangent. The bridge was the thing that caught my eye most...kinda weird and unique...looks like maybe a cam is used to control saddle height but I couldn't figure out exactly how the mechanism worked in the 45 seconds or so I had.

I developed some serious health problems from playing an Ibanez RG in my youth. Had
to stop playing electric guitar for 10 years. I was lucky and there was no permanent
nerve or tendon/ligament damage. Could only strum cowboy chords on an acoustic
from 1993 to 2004-5. I was lucky I stopped in time---even if I was in chronic pain and
experiencing tingling and numbness from my elbow down on my fretting hand.

Lesson learned. No thin necks need apply when seeking entry to my home. :LOL:

Any thoughts on your Fender when and if you have time @TheTrueZoltan! ??
I absolutely LOVE that guitar! But it definitely has a more modern, slightly slimmer neck profile (not Ibanez Wizard neck slim, though) and a compound radius. But I don‘t think that all the MiJ models have a slimmer neck. Mine is an „MIJ Modern Strat HH RW BLK“ that was bought in 2020. It‘s not an Aerodyne model.

Last edited:
I hear ya. A super flat radius is kind of a deal killer for me. I need some roundness somewhere on a guitar neck.

Back