As my trusted advisors; what tele do I want?

If youre gonna get a Tele, get a Tele!
I knew you would say this :chef
Are you ok with the vintage radius on the traditional? I would look for the old highway 1 USA second hand, it has 9.5”and 6100 . Probably less expensive or similar. Basswood is also not traditional tonally. What exactly are you wanting from it?
Not sure, honestly? My needs are going to probably drive you nuts; but I just want something tele-like without a bunch of single coil noise. Other than that and my oddball finish requirements; I am pretty open.

IMG_2501.jpeg

I would eff hard with that MIJ :love

A lil weird to see basswood being used for a tele, but I doubt its a problem

If you're a man of more modern fixins, I'd also possibly look into a used American deluxe (predecessor of the ultra and elite lines). That neck is one of the most comfortable I've ever laid hands on. 6 saddle bridge and noiseless pickups on those not for everyone tho

I would eff hard with that MIJ :love

A lil weird to see basswood being used for a tele, but I doubt its a problem

If you're a man of more modern fixins, I'd also possibly look into a used American deluxe (predecessor of the ultra and elite lines). That neck is one of the most comfortable I've ever laid hands on. 6 saddle bridge and noiseless pickups on those not for everyone tho
How are the noiseless pickups? When you say they arent for everyone; what exactly is the issue on those? I like the idea of noiseless pickups and I am not averse to non-traditional gear as you already know :bag

How are the noiseless pickups? When you say they arent for everyone; what exactly is the issue on those? I like the idea of noiseless pickups and I am not averse to non-traditional gear as you already know :bag

I didn't dislike them, but I did ultimately swap for a fralin pair

They're more modern sounding, not so much the vintage tele vibe. Some might call them sterile :idkThey still sounded like tele pups to me though. And that non quantitative mumbo jumbo is about the best I have to describe unfortunately :rofl

I didn't dislike them, but I did ultimately swap for a fralin pair

They're more modern sounding, not so much the vintage tele vibe. Some might call them sterile :idkThey still sounded like tele pups to me though. And that non quantitative mumbo jumbo is about the best I have to describe unfortunately :rofl
Biggest thing about them for me would be the noiseless part. If they do what they say on the tin; that would be optimal.

I am voting something with humbuckers. Like a Deluxe. Sounds like you don't like Single Coils
and even the Noiseless ones might be a stretch. :idk

Quite a few different varieties of Tele Deluxes out there, and they all have a bridge that would
accommodate your GK-5 needs.

FMT Tele. About a $1000 new, with set neck, and Duncans. $650-$700 used.

f9djzdfhrgk70v52dxag.jpg

Chris Shiflett Sig Tele Deluxe.

fee2z1cahvtbnerfi2rc.jpg

I am voting something with humbuckers. Like a Deluxe. Sounds like you don't like Single Coils
and even the Noiseless ones might be a stretch. :idk

Quite a few different varieties of Tele Deluxes out there, and they all have a bridge that would
accommodate your GK-5 needs.

FMT Tele. About a $1000 new, with set neck, and Duncans. $650-$700 used.

f9djzdfhrgk70v52dxag.jpg

Chris Shiflett Sig Tele Deluxe.

fee2z1cahvtbnerfi2rc.jpg
I like that Jim Adkins one as well. Though f-holes are a HUGE nope for me. But I do love the natural ash finish. As far as single coils go; the ones that were in my American Pro here a few years back were gnarly f! I loved them! Just not sure how they would do through a loud amp and no noise gate I am gigging with currently :unsure:

Something like this could be cool, too. Maybe? Sort of? Probably not. :LOL:

View attachment 10999

View attachment 11000
If you aren't a true purist about the pursuit; there are a TON of killer options out there. I like both of these. There is a purple quilt Schecter with humbuckers (heck even the MGK sig) that I could totally be down with if I didn't need to stay Troo To The TeleTM

My first electric… a lot like this one for sale one reverb

IMG_2506.jpeg

The instrument where I first discovered pinch harmonics lol

If you aren't a true purist about the pursuit; there are a TON of killer options out there. I like both of these. There is a purple quilt Schecter with humbuckers (heck even the MGK sig) that I could totally be down with if I didn't need to stay Troo To The TeleTM

My experience is that some of the HH Teles and Deluxes with Ro sewood or Ebony boards get close to
Les Paul territory and can be quite dark and not as snappy and perky as a Traditional Tele.

I have grown to dig the traditional Telecaster vibe, but not sure I would want one as a primary axe either. :idk