As my trusted advisors; what tele do I want?

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So hit up some enlightened individuals via PM last week but thought I'd throw it out in a thread as well. Looking at getting a tele. Here's what I am looking at:

Top one is more of a Farley Tele, bottom is certainly more traditional. Only thing about it is I really don't want that style of bridge. I will be mounting the GK on top so the ashtray is going to get in the way. Thoughts?

Why is the ashtray in the way?

Wont the GK mount directly right in front? Does it need the angle like the bridge pick up?

Why is the ashtray in the way?

Wont the GK mount directly right in front?
Last ashtray bridge I had to notch a slot out so the GK could get up to the saddles. Not a dealbreaker and might be something I just do again; but would rather not have to take the bench grinder to it from the jump :nails:rofl

One hard no is also that barfed baby food squash finish tele. I'll take most every other finish but that one is a HARD no.

Funny you posted this, I was just looking at the aerodyne teles a couple days ago. I would get one of those personally, but that's because I have 2 more traditional style teles already.

One hard no is also that barfed baby food squash finish tele. I'll take most every other finish but that one is a HARD no.
Season 4 Family GIF by ABC Network

Thanks, JT, for passing the GAS....on to me! Now I want one! Never even played a tele, but of those two I'm partial to the Aerodyne; looks Tele but also modern and distinctive. And I prefer that body carve over the conventional slab....

(My brother just got his first tele: the Fender American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe. He loves it but we both were horrified to learn that "pickguard static" is apparently still a thing and that some people think dryer sheets are the solution.....wtaf?! So maybe that's another uninformed point for the Aerodyne? No pickguard, no static? Idk.)

Thanks, JT, for passing the GAS....on to me! Now I want one! Never even played a tele, but of those two I'm partial to the Aerodyne; looks Tele but also modern and distinctive. And I prefer that body carve over the conventional slab....

(My brother just got his first tele: the Fender American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe. He loves it but we both were horrified to learn that "pickguard static" is apparently still a thing and that some people think dryer sheets are the solution.....wtaf?! So maybe that's another uninformed point for the Aerodyne? No pickguard, no static? Idk.)
Contact Us Found Footage GIF by Eternal Family

I started off looking at American Ultra in black :chef but it's too much $

Are you ok with the vintage radius on the traditional? I would look for the old highway 1 USA second hand, it has 9.5”and 6100 . Probably less expensive or similar. Basswood is also not traditional tonally. What exactly are you wanting from it?