Looking for suggestions for VERY portable "FRFR" or PA

molul

Roadie
Soon I'm gonna be travelling between two cities for a while and I'd like to have some portable guitar equipment with me.

I currently have a Helix LT and a Headrush fr108, and I'm thinking of getting a HX Stomp and I'd like to find some equally small "FRFR" monitor (I use Helix's amp sims). Ideally, I'd like something half the height of Headrush fr108 (like Roland Microcube, for a real example). Not much power needed.

Any recommendations?

Soon I'm gonna be travelling between two cities for a while and I'd like to have some portable guitar equipment with me.

I currently have a Helix LT and a Headrush fr108, and I'm thinking of getting a HX Stomp and I'd like to find some equally small please god make it stop monitor (I use Helix's amp sims). Ideally, I'd like something half the height of Headrush fr108 (like Roland Microcube, for a real example). Not much power needed.

Any recommendations?
6.5 pounds; 95 dB rated; sturdy enough to handle moves; no idea how it sounds: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B105D--behringer-b105d-50w-powered-monitor-speaker

I bought a Roland Micro Cube to pair with my HX Stomp for portability's sake, for a completely battery powered rig. It's more expensive than that little Behringer speaker.

Fwiw, did you consider a Yamaha THR (10 or 30)? In case you're lazy, you could even grab just the amp and IMO it serves rather well as an active stereo monitor for home usage alike scenarios.

I currently have a Helix LT and a Headrush fr108, and I'm thinking of getting a HX Stomp and I'd like to find some equally small Powered monitor monitor (I use Helix's amp sims). Ideally, I'd like something half the height of Headrush fr108 (like Roland Microcube, for a real example). Not much power needed.

Any recommendations?

1710543380192.png

I vote Stereo Portability. :beer

In all seriousness; both topics are at a general standstill. Buy an amp, buy a CLR you don't trust to stay working or even receive. Or buy a Meyer sound.

Yeah, I guess they are not as military industrial complex stout as that Behringer is.

:sofa

Still think stereo is a more pleasing option in the long run.
I mean -- there is some semblance of a grill cloth covering the driver on that Behringer!

My understanding was this thing was for moving back and forth between cities regularly. If that's not the case, then yeah, get a pair of monitors and park them.

Try and find a used Carvin QX5A. They're cheap and sound good for acoustic, electric and vocal. 3 channels, one of which is set up for backing tracks. 5" speaker, 150 watts, 6 lbs., mounts on a mic stand.

CarvinQX5A.jpg

Last edited:
Back