Looking for new 50 watt modelling amps

I remember always wanting one of the first gen Vox Valvetronix amps. I had a later gen cheap one that wasn’t great. I think the early ones used a tube for preamp and power amp gain right? They were also fairly well made with a quality cab and speaker.
My brother bought an AD30VT-XL combo years ago just to have around at a jam space. It sounded really good - the only glaring weakness (at least I thought at the time) was the speaker. I convinced him to let me put in a V30 instead and that really opened the amp up big time. Worked much better in a band mix as a result.

I remember always wanting one of the first gen Vox Valvetronix amps. I had a later gen cheap one that wasn’t great. I think the early ones used a tube for preamp and power amp gain right? They were also fairly well made with a quality cab and speaker.
Nah they used a preamp tube in a virtual poweramp circuit called Valve Reactor. The later models just put the tube in the preamp I think.

I thought the first gen blue Valvetronix was the first significant improvement to digital modeling since the Yamaha DG amps of the late 1990s.

The Blues Cubes look cool, but I could buy two catalysts plus footswitches for the price of one
Buy used, my Nextone Special 80W, Waza Speaker, 4 preset 2 channels per, reverb, delay, and boost. I paid 650 used in mint shape.
Great sounding amp that does the Fender, Vox, Marshall(JTM/Plexi) sounds.
New it is overpriced, but you can find a deal. Another poorly marketed Boss product left to die on the vine.

Nah they used a preamp tube in a virtual poweramp circuit called Valve Reactor. The later models just put the tube in the preamp I think.

I thought the first gen blue Valvetronix was the first significant improvement to digital modeling since the Yamaha DG amps of the late 1990s.
I agree 111111000000%

Attachments

• IMG_4656.gif
    IMG_4656.gif
    375.5 KB · Views: 3
Back