List of Things I want but don't need... but want...

Want, but don't need...? Hmmm, lotsa stuff:

A JP15, a Kaizen 7, a, no, 2 JP2C's, a pair of those monitors Cliff said are the shit, but are many thousands of dollars, each, and that new EVH W/D/W delay. That'll do nicely.
I purposely have limited myself on pedal vids and new releases these days because they’re always so damn tempting. And yes, that EVH delay is sweet. A w/d/w rig would be awesome. Damnit:rofl

Modelers have effectively removed a lot of GAS for me
Only GAS really is guitars
The FM9 did the same for me except the GAS that was removed was only for other modelers.

I'm happy with the guitars I have and stopped gassing for another guitar a while ago. I'd love to get a Gibson L-5 or Super 400 but I can't justify spending that kind of money on a guitar when the three semihollows I have are more than good enough for my Jazz gigs.

For some crazy reason I do still have GAS for some tube amps. Just ordered a Rivera 1x12 combo and I've been lusting after another 100 watt high gain channel switcher for some time. I haven't settled on anything and don't want to spend a penny more than $2,999 so that limits my options to amps that I'm not really dying to have.

I talked myself out of the REVV Generator 120, Hook Captain 34, and MI Audio Megalith Beta. Those amps and the Mesa Mark VII are all over my price limit.

Still the urge is there...

Amp is amazing but oh my the customer service is terrible.

I get the person is an individual building them and it's a side gig but that doesn't mean you can't answer emails 😂

This is a common issue among small builders. So many that I can't list them all.

That would certainly be a concern which would be magnified by the fact that they are made in Australia. I only buy amps made in the USA, not because I think they're inherently better but so that if I have to ship them back to the company there's as little hassle as possible. I've heard of problems regarding repairs reported by customers in the UK who bought amps made here.

But I love my Megalith Delta, it's a great high gain pedal. Dialed in properly it can sound remarkably similar to the lead channel of my Fryette Sig:X but with a little more compression, something I like to have on occasion. The idea of having the amp it's based on has a lot of appeal.

mi-audio-effects-and-pedals-distortion-mi-audio-megalith-delta-u4668498603-30257060872327_2597x.jpg

Fortunately, this. I did buy a few pedals since - not as excessively as before, though.

My last pedal purchase so far: the Funny Little Boxes "Skeleton Key", which is basically an affordable boutique SD-1 with tweaked pot sweeps. I was able to recreate most of its sounds with the HX "Stupor OD" or my old SD-1. They even react surprisingly close to having a boost in front.

Never bought any pedals or amps besides my original Katana
Only GAS really is guitars

:idk
I feel the same way. for me, the fm3 cured my GAS for any modeler or amp. now, I'm gassing for guitars and pickups. I just bought a seymour duncan alpha & omega and installed it on my cheap guitar. 😄 new year - new pickup

I'm currently GAS'ing for a Friedman JJ Junior 20 watt head into a nice 1x12 cab.

I'm going to try to refurb (deoxit the pots/jacks, and replace the reverb tank) my Tech 21 Trademark 60, so that should keep me excited for a minute.

This is a common issue among small builders. So many that I can't list them all.

That would certainly be a concern which would be magnified by the fact that they are made in Australia. I only buy amps made in the USA, not because I think they're inherently better but so that if I have to ship them back to the company there's as little hassle as possible. I've heard of problems regarding repairs reported by customers in the UK who bought amps made here.

But I love my Megalith Delta, it's a great high gain pedal. Dialed in properly it can sound remarkably similar to the lead channel of my Fryette Sig:X but with a little more compression, something I like to have on occasion. The idea of having the amp it's based on has a lot of appeal.

mi-audio-effects-and-pedals-distortion-mi-audio-megalith-delta-u4668498603-30257060872327_2597x.jpg

Honestly, that is one of the few (if only!) high gain pedal I would recommend. It's just great! And high-gain
in a pedal seems almost impossible to pull off without them starting to sound a little transistory.

Honestly, that is one of the few (if only!) high gain pedal I would recommend. It's just great! And high-gain
in a pedal seems almost impossible to pull off without them starting to sound a little transistory.

One of the things I like about it, in addition to its high gain voice, is if you turn up the Bass it's solid and tight, actually useful. I don't twist it past 2:00 but just that amount gives you a killer bottom end for home playing.

I learned about it because Jimi Hazel from 24-7 Spyz was selling his. I bought a new one because I didn't want one that had been used extensively by a gigging musician.

If it's good enough for South Bronx hardcore...

Want but don't need?

EVH 5150 Stealth EL34 Full Stack with matching guitar.

One of the things I like about it, in addition to its high gain voice, is if you turn up the Bass it's solid and tight, actually useful. I don't twist it past 2:00 but just that amount gives you a killer bottom end for home playing.

I learned about it because Jimi Hazel from 24-7 Spyz was selling his. I bought a new one because I didn't want one that had been used extensively by a gigging musician.

If it's good enough for South Bronx hardcore...

Haven't heard a Jimi Hazel shout out in ages! Wow! :chef

Back