Line 6 Helix: Copy and Paste still broken

@pipelineaudio For what it's worth, one of the invalid values for Speed (-28.1174) looked pretty unique, so I searched the file for other instances of that number. It also appears in the file as the Threshold value for the Deluxe Comp you have on Path 2.

I tried pasting the Deluxe Comp block on top of the Chorus, to see if there was some weird way that a block's values could be pasted without replacing the block, but it sure doesn't look like it. If you paste a block of a different type on top of an existing block, it just replaces that block with the new type.

Are you 150% sure this preset wasn't text-edited in the past to update some values, and some numbers didn't get pasted into the wrong places?

That's because it seems to write that value on export. I don't know any other way to share that file. With it in its current position on the floor unit every snapshot has the speed values it should (2.5), but if I export or copy and paste it, it has 0.0 for that snapshot value and -15.0 as the value shown in the text editor

That's because it seems to write that value on export. I don't know any other way to share that file. With it in its current position on the floor unit every snapshot has the speed values it should (2.5), but if I export of copy and paste it, it has 0.0 for that snapshot value and -15.0 as the value shown in the text editor
Ok, thanks, I follow now. So it only exists in this broken form on your Helix, but the original source preset file doesn't have the same corruption I'm guessing?

If so, somehow it got corrupted on your Helix. We know *why* it's behaving as it is (due to the values it seems to have stored), but we don't know how it got that way.

Almost seems like a set of values somehow got mapped to the wrong location in memory. I don't have enough knowledge of how Helix's programming works to theorize any further on that, though.

Could be an issue with just your particular unit, or maybe some really obscure bug that only happens with an unknown set of actions. If it's the latter, unless it starts happening to other people, we might never find out its cause. :columbo

Ah Ha! Wait! If you go through the file and look at the stored values for the Deluxe Comp Threshold, this is what it shows:

Code:
       "Threshold" : {
        "@fs_enabled" : false,
        "@value" : -15.0
       }

"@value" : -12.0
       }

}

"@value" : -28.1174
       }

}

}

}

}

Look familiar? Those are the exact same values it has for the Chorus' Speed parameter in each of those same Snapshots. Looks like somehow it's using or saved the Deluxe Comp's Threshold values for the Speed parameter of the Chorus. How it got this way, I have no idea, because re-saving the preset with new values of Speed works fine (on my Helix, anyway). So it isn't simply a mapping problem of fixed memory addresses. But somehow, some way, on your hardware, it appears to have replaced the Speed values with the Threshold values. WEIRD.

How old are these presets and how many releases (versions) are you carrying them from?
Maybe importing very old versions of bundles or setlists can corrupt them?

It almost feels like the same bug pipe reported earlier with invalid (zeroed) snapshot parameters after importing, and only he is experiencing this recurring bug.

Months ago, after taking screenshots and fixing things on Helix Native, I got all my old parameters back and then saved them back to the floor so I could get back to work, I am pretty sure none of these are actually even partially any of my old files, but they could be.

The craziest part though, to me, is that a lot of these problem presets are fine in their particular place on the Floor, I just cant copy or export any part of them, without them becoming corrupted where they end up.

Months ago, after taking screenshots and fixing things on Helix Native, I got all my old parameters back and then saved them back to the floor so I could get back to work, I am pretty sure none of these are actually even partially any of my old files, but they could be.

The craziest part though, to me, is that a lot of these problem presets are fine in their particular place on the Floor, I just cant copy or export any part of them, without them becoming corrupted where they end up.
I wonder if your Helix has some failing memory inside. I don’t know exactly how this would cause the values for a different parameter to be used for multiple things, but maybe if it’s using a temporary pointer in volatile memory for loading the preset and any edits until you save the preset, that pointer could get corrupted in RAM and point to the wrong array address permanently upon saving…?

Just spitballing here. What we really need is someone who knows how Helix is programmed to say how this behavior could happen. It does seem that the issue is isolated to your particular unit, though, so it’s either a hardware fault, or some peculiar bug that only happens from a sequence of steps that you do often and others do never.

We’re having a problem with one and only one customer where they can’t register one of our plugins.

He h wanted to add more memory as he was also a big kontakt user and the way his mobo was setup, he couldn’t add to the memory as all the slots were used so he had to replace the memory with bigger sticks.

After he did that, all of a sudden he could register. So you may very well be on to something!

We’re still trying to figure on our end why the memory would even matter to our registration. We are using JUCE so there are bits that we aren’t really in control of, but I don’t think our registration system touches the JUCE parts in any way

Back