Line 6 Helix: Copy and Paste still broken

I genuinely think your issues are with the unit itself because, try as I might, I am completely unable to replicate your issue with any of my units.
I don't seem to be able to repro it in Native. When I export and check the text from native it seems to keep whatever settings I saved with it

I had similar experiences with amp settings jumping to extreme values like 0 or 10 while for example copying a whole preset. It doesn't happen anymore since I make sure that the USB-cable to the Helix is the only one which I plug in to the front of my computer while working with HX-Edit. Weird, but that's how I made sure to not get my settings mixed up. Or maybe it's just coincidence?

Ok I unplugged the unit from the computer, copied a preset from setlist to setlist on the Helix itself and it copied ok. So that says....something

Last edited:
Another update. With The USB cable plugged in and HX Edit open, copying a preset on the Floor itself works fine, but copying that same preset through HX edit results in the wrong preset values

Ok, tried a few different USB cables and different windows computers, no luck. I'll take my crApple down to work later tonight and see if that works

Bummer, same crap happens when its plugged into an apple. There is a pretty strange clue though. The pic is from a text editor looking at one of the problem files. The problem patch that shows 0.0 for a snapshot where it should actually be 2.5 for speed shows -15.0. Pretty sure it should show zero. I'm going to check what Helix native has to say when I export if its zero
notepad++_pvvSKIq04r.png

Is anything else connected to your Helix hardware beyond power, USB, and a guitar cable? Any MIDI stuff going on?
There are two analog expression pedals plugged into the expression pedal jacks and a mooer poly synth pedal plugged in in the FX loop. The problem parameters are controlled by snapshot rather than expression pedals, but I could unplug all of it and try.

Generating the presets in Helix Native seems to cause no errors, even if I move those to the floor and then copy even with HX edit. I hope I kept a problem preset to try and use for testing

Tough to say but it’s a step I’d probably take if nobody can reproduce it. I can’t think of a way Helix hardware might fail in such a way to cause that problem. It’s either environmental or a bug where we’re missing a step to reproduce.

• When was the last time you did a factory reset of your Helix? Do you do a factory reset prior to restoring your backup after a firmware update, as Line 6 strongly recommends?
  • After doing a backup, factory reset, and restore, have you tried the button combo that forces the unit to rebuild all presets?
I do these things every time I upgrade the firmware. (1) Backup, (2) factory reset, (3) restore backup, (4) rebuild all presets. I’ve had no weird issues with anything since I started doing it this way.

If you’re seeing this with multiple computers and multiple USB cables, then the problem is something local to your Helix or whatever else is plugged into it.

I copy and paste presets and blocks both on the hardware and via HX edit on my Mac all the time without issue. I have external devices in the loops and external expression pedals plugged in while doing so.

D

This is one of the ones that is broken upon export. I'll keep it here so I can always test with it. It has an illegal value for speed in the first snapshot as far as I can tell too

This is one of the ones that is broken upon export. I'll keep it here so I can always test with it. It has an illegal value for speed in the first snapshot as far as I can tell too

• Is this a preset that was ever text-edited by you to modify it?
  • Are you 100% sure you don't have some presets that you manually text-edited with some kind of corruption that keeps propagating as you copy and paste to new presets?

• When was the last time you did a factory reset of your Helix? Do you do a factory reset prior to restoring your backup after a firmware update, as Line 6 strongly recommends?
  • After doing a backup, factory reset, and restore, have you tried the button combo that forces the unit to rebuild all presets?
I do these things every time I upgrade the firmware. (1) Backup, (2) factory reset, (3) restore backup, (4) rebuild all presets. I’ve had no weird issues with anything since I started doing it this way.

If you’re seeing this with multiple computers and multiple USB cables, then the problem is something local to your Helix or whatever else is plugged into it.
This.

The only time I've ever had actual issues with the HX FX happened when I was so enthusiastic to do the update right before leaving for band practice, and decided to skip the restore.

I arrived, set up my stuff, and upon bootup, was greeted with a completely blank device, even though I did import my "essential" presets.

Back