Let's see the tiny low wattage tube amps you love

Gibson Scout/Falcon? Vibro Champ? Maybe even a Tweed Deluxe? Vox AC10?

Maybe I'll find something vintagey. That would be fun. Silvertone? Supro? :idk

20240902_155744.jpg

This small enough for ya!!!😝🤣

1968 drip edge champ. Thinking about getting the reissue 68 vibro champ reverb to run in stereo with this cork sniffer. It's loud enough to play with a drummer, but two of them would sound epic with stereo chorus out of that analog Boss CE-3
1000000725.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting in the Living Room yesterday evening feeling lethargic, and not wanting to move, but also wanting to
play a little guitar, I suddenly realized I need a small tube amp. :unsure:

Given the history of this thread, I really did laugh out loud when I read that!

You are of course right. The days are already getting shorter and soon we will want to cosy up to our warm fire bottles.

Given the history of this thread, I really did laugh out loud when I read that!

You are of course right. The days are already getting shorter and soon we will want to cosy up to our warm fire bottles.

I thought you may enjoy this twist of fate. A little. :beer

I swear I recall myself being more fair, kind, balanced, and open to unexpected
outcomes than you may recall me being in this thread previously. :stirthepot:knit

:grin

:rofl

What's your teensy weensy amp arsenal looking like these days, @jellodog??

Sadly, I had to sell 'em off when I moved across the Atlantic. Not much use for 120v amp in a 230v country, then there's the costs shipping all that etc. And then, ultimately, I may eventually move back to North America some day, and I'd have to ship it all again!

So it's just the Axe-Fx III right now; and I also shipped my Cutlass and Jazzmaster.

I'll have to admit that I've been eyeing up the Victory Deputy recently though. Not a low wattage amp at 25w, but it's still small and has a master, so could conceivably be played at a "moderate" volume in the living room.

After being so "Fendery" for so long, I've transitioned via the Brownface amp stepping stones to being very JTM45 of late. Who knew? So the Deputy is a bit like that, but with a master.

Last edited:
Sitting in the Living Room yesterday evening feeling lethargic, and not wanting to move, but also wanting to
play a little guitar, I suddenly realized I need a small tube amp. :unsure:

I don't always want to go fire up a rig, or the computer. Be nice to have a nifty little amp that doesn't take
up a lot of room, and adds a soft glow to the room.
While I greatly prefer tube amps, I've also been feeling lethargic and wanted to have an amp that I could just leave on at all times so that I don't have to "fire up a rig", I can just pick up the guitar that's always plugged in and play.

Right now that solution for me is my Micro Cube that's sitting on my bed and has been on for a couple of months now without a hiccup. Lousy gain tones but a decent enough clean for practicing fundamentals. All I have to do is pick up the guitar (currently a Tele) that's sitting on the stand next to my bed, turn up the volume knob and I'm good to go.

Currently, in the Living Room I have the FM9 and FR-12. I can turn on the amp before sitting down and the FM9 is sitting next to me on the couch so that I don't have to bend over if I want to make some adjustments.

But I'd love to have a small tube amp and have seriously considered getting a Rivera era Fender Super Champ but always seem to end up getting something else.

ljkkiaos0t3s6qupdvve.jpg

Back