Leon Todd

Hmmm what is it about the DR Pure Blues ?
2OsL.gif

Pure Nickel strings like the Pure Blues can be a bit warmer, with a softer attack transient, in my experience. :idk

Nickel-wrapped/plated and Pure Nickel are different. Pure Nickel can be a bit more expensive, too. Buck or two
per set. I like Pure Blues, too.

Damn that was amazing !!!
Say Leon I dont know the other guy playing the Rhythm but he nailed that Huge tone spot on
the signer also nailed Layne RiP
your solo was just wow !!
What did he use to get that huge monstrous Riff tone ?
Bogner Shiva/Marshall Combo or Ecstasy ?

Loved it

Last edited:
I love DR Pure Blues strings. I never paid attention to the difference tween round and hex core design, but for my taste in feel, round core are easier for me to control bends, etc. Curt Mangan also makes a great round core string series.

Hey, Leon. Would you get the Axe FX III Mk2, or Axe FX III Mk2 Turbo? I am planning on trying to move to an all in one unit like the Axe FX III. I use a chorus, flanger, phaser, two delays (short tape echo, longer analog delay), and a plate reverb (not at the same time). I also use a wah and Whammy DT. Would the Axe FX III be able to have a "kitchen sink" patch like this, or would I be better off using several patches. I do not use everything all at once, and mainly pepper the sonic stew with a bit of this and that depending on the part. Basically, I'm trying to determine if I'd be better off with the higher powered processor or not. Thanks.

Hi Leon- thanks for everything you do. I enjoyed your video on the Korg Power Tube Reactor. I was curious where you put it in your signal chain. Is it something that could be useful to put between a modeler and a class D poweramp or powered speaker?

My impression is that it's a tube compressor circuit adapted to use the NuTubes, so it should work in between a modeler and an amplifier as a general tone sweetener. It's actually one of the better comp pedals I've tried. It's not going to make a class D amp magically react more like a tube power section though, that's just physics at work.

My impression is that it's a tube compressor circuit adapted to use the NuTubes, so it should work in between a modeler and an amplifier as a general tone sweetener. It's actually one of the better comp pedals I've tried. It's not going to make a class D amp magically react more like a tube power section though, that's just physics at work.
Awesome. Thanks for the intel. Also, the recommendation of the Boost Comp in the Helix. I’ll definitely be checking that out.

Haha Leon no truer words spoken Loved that part (new Gear/Old Gear)
Tones and Gear are very Inspirational for me (y)

Last edited:

I don’t need another tube amp

Sick Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

I’ve never heard a demo of the Revv I haven’t loved.

Back