Leon Todd

For me it's Signals. That's a top-three Rush album in my books. Love the melancholy synth vibe, reminds me of Blade Runner, and Subdivisions is one my absolute favourites, even as a kid.

I will leave my feelings of Rush at this. Dave Mustaine summed up my feelings for Rush perfectly when he said "I stopped listening when they went to the moon"

For me it's Signals. That's a top-three Rush album in my books. Love the melancholy synth vibe, reminds me of Blade Runner, and Subdivisions is one my absolute favourites, even as a kid.
Rush had been using keys and bass pedals (as I'm sure you're aware) since '77 or so. Although Signals did up the ante on the quantity of keyboards, the Terry Brown production and the keyboard sounds were still pretty much based in '70's sounds like mini moogs and prophets. Analog stuff. Although I consider it a transition album, GUP brought in a new producer, and used new keyboard tech like the PPG Wave etc. Sounded much more in step with the mid 80's than Signals IMO and was the beginning of the 3 album keyboard era IMO.

Not that it really matters. Rush is by far my biggest musical influence. I even played in a Rush Tribute in the '90's. Every Rush album is precious to me. And even some of their weaker efforts always have a few jems. :)

I will leave my feelings of Rush at this. Dave Mustaine summed up my feelings for Rush perfectly when he said "I stopped listening when they went to the moon"
Dude, just the fact that Mustaine is the one that said that should be clue enough for you. :hmm At least take a few listens to Clockwork Angels, it's a fckin' phenomenal album and Snakes and Arrows is rather straightforward, but rocks.

Dude, just the fact that Mustaine is the one that said that should be clue enough for you. :hmm At least take a few listens to Clockwork Angels, it's a fckin' phenomenal album and Snakes and Arrows is rather straightforward, but rocks.
For me I just lost enjoyment for Geddy's voice after a certain point. Counterparts on, I'd say? Music was cool in bits and pieces but the earlier stuff has such a nostaligic thing for me it's just tough to compete.

Mustaine and Megadeth are a huge inspiration but there was a, I don't know; 95-2016 gap between post Youthanasia and Dystopia where they sucked. Other than the System Has Failed. So Dave should probably stfu about Rush :rofl

For me I just lost enjoyment for Geddy's voice after a certain point. Counterparts on, I'd say? Music was cool in bits and pieces but the earlier stuff has such a nostaligic thing for me it's just tough to compete.

Mustaine and Megadeth are a huge inspiration but there was a, I don't know; 95-2016 gap between post Youthanasia and Dystopia where they sucked. Other than the System Has Failed. So Dave should probably stfu about Rush :rofl

Dave's a douchebag for sure but I definitely aligned with him on that thought. It also happens that it was the first Rush album I bought with my own money and at the time I was one of them D&D Nerds so it REALLY attached itself to me. LOL

That Tour was my first live show in an Arena. I can remember going to this combo Headshop/Waterbed Store/Record Store
and buying the Cassette. Next thing you know I am going to their Concert with a friend who had his license and a car. :banana
"In The High School Halls.... In the Shopping Malls.... " :beer

I can respect that, but just give Clockwork (at least) a couple listens, it may take you a bit to "get it" - but man does it reward you when you give it a chance.

I also love me some Megadeth and I read Dave's biography and all of that, so I'm with you 100%.

Back