Kirk’s response to criticism

I’ve always liked his playing, works just fine for the band he’s in…:idk
As a fan from the early days, I think it’s great to hear them still writing music that isn’t very radio friendly, could be worse, much worse…

I started playing because of Metallica, and while I was always a Jaymz fan more, Kirk always got my respect. No, he's far from perfect. And maybe he should have paid more attention in those Satch lessons. But I'll always love Metallica.

Gun to my head if I was forced to name the greatest metal album of all time I'd say Master of Puppets without hesitation. It's sheer perfection from note 1 til the final note.

I probably lean more towards MoP than AJFA but they’re both really, really, really f*cking great albums. I don’t even think I’ve burned myself out on Puppets yet. I’ll skip a lot of songs on AJFA but when anything from Puppets comes on when I’m in the car I always turn it up.

I LOVE RTL-Justice. KEA is obviously great from a historical standpoint. I tuned into Metallica weekend on XM on and off and Lars was talking about Justice pretty much fried their brains on long songs and pushing their own progressive tendencies to the limit. And I actually get it :idk

I LOVE RTL-Justice. KEA is obviously great from a historical standpoint. I tuned into Metallica weekend on XM on and off and Lars was talking about Justice pretty much fried their brains on long songs and pushing their own progressive tendencies to the limit. And I actually get it :idk
Oh I get it. Playing pretty much any song from AJFA, other than Blackened -- drives me nuts. o_O

I don’t see any reason to shit on Kirk

Lars on the other hand…..

FBDF376C-FEE1-4965-B242-605E640B1AF7.jpeg

I probably lean more towards MoP than AJFA but they’re both really, really, really f*cking great albums. I don’t even think I’ve burned myself out on Puppets yet. I’ll skip a lot of songs on AJFA but when anything from Puppets comes on when I’m in the car I always turn it up.

Yup. They climbed the Mountain on that one. Peaking is peaking. Not one misplaced note, song, style, or sentiment. :chef

I don't like kirk solos on this record I find them really meh.

But, BUT, BUT

The idea that kirk should play solos like any other shredder out there (or use less wha) is plain stupid.

Kirk Hammett, like it or not, has a distinctive style in the world of metal that set him apart and makes him and the band unique.

People who expect him to play the usual metal solo don't understand him and metallica mentality.
Metallica spent basically their whole life trying not to be yet another metal band in the sea of metal and kirk style is part of that recipe.

Last edited:
Back