Killer Covers

dbagchee

Roadie
I came across this awesome cover of Iron Maiden's Wasted Years on YouTube and it got me thinking of other atypical or reimagined covers that I love. I thought it would be cool to start a thread so folks can share some of their favorites. I'll start:

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years covered by Ian Zumback

Björk - Jóga covered covered by Down and Above

Rain When I Die - Alice in Chains covered by Dallas Green

Last edited:
I've always thought this cover of Iron Man by The Cardigans was great:

They also do a nice version of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath:

Lisa Loeb with Dweezil Zappa covering Ozzy (years before this was released I proposed covering it to my originals band - it would have been in a very similar vein):

Faith No More is awesome at covers. Also they put on a hell of a show, saw them around 2005 or something and Mike Patton was doing flips on stage and giving 110%.

And then to ruin this fine thread again:

The original - described by top YouTube commenter as:
This might be the single greatest video ever made. Blank japanese line-dancing, an Italian man with an English name singing what Japanese people think European music is like... Then coked up builder Niko appears and the quality becomes mindblowing.

The cover version is even more captivating:

Martin Miller has some really nice covers of a lot of stuff. But this '80s medley of songs is really nice.

BTW: What is the bridge on that white Strat? Does it come with a standard model or did he swap it?

Back