Justin York, you business-savvy summbitch

Thank you so much for the heads up, Wookie!

I was eyeing the 4x10 Bassman last night!

I feel a purchase comin' on...

Scooby Doo Drool GIF

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the heads up, Wookie!

I was eyeing the 4x10 Bassman last night!

I feel a purchase comin' on...

Scooby Doo Drool GIF
Me too that is one of the ones I don’t have and I am trying to clone a Mesa Cali Tweed that not in the Fractal and the speaker is the Jensen Alnico 10,s

Love his stuff, all I use anymore.

He said around this time last year he’d gotten hold of an EVM, wonder if that’s going to materialize any time soon, instabuy.

Love his stuff, all I use anymore.

Same. I got tired of fighting boomy low end with most other IRs, and I usually choose a mix right away to avoid the traditional IR auditioning rabbit hole. They are very well judged.

I also love that he's started specifying speaker impedance curve matches for FAS devices with the most recent cabs.

Last edited:
I've only got the Vox 2x12 pack. Which packs would you recommend if I am not interested in any Marshall cabs (have too many 4x12 Celestion IRs as is)?

Did you get the Bassman ?

I did! I enjoyed his free Bassman IR so much with the brown 6G12 Concert yesterday, that I wanted to try out the official IRs that he shot afterwards.

I was mostly playing it cleanish EOB up to crunch, which is my thing...

But holy crap! with the BB AT Preamp in front, the Concert was like a fire-breathing alternative universe Marshall. Which I didn't expect.

And of course, I'd like to try the Bassman IRs with the actual matching Tweed Bassman.

I thought that the Concert sounded better with the 4x10 Super Verb speaker impedance curve that Burgs had chosen, rather than the Bassman curve; so I left it like that, even with the Bassman cab IR.

Last edited:
I have few YA Ir but so far im liking my Helix cabs
and also i recently installed the LT TV Mix 7 and its fantastic it will cover a lot of what i need

I have few YA Ir but so far im liking my Helix cabs
and also i recently installed the LT TV Mix 7 and its fantastic it will cover a lot of what i need

Makes sense. L6 spent a huge amount of effort painstakingly shooting those new cabs and curating the best of them.

I did! I enjoyed his free Bassman IR so much with the 6G12 Concert yesterday, that I wanted to try out the official IRs that he shot afterwards.

I was mostly playing it EOB up to crunch, which is my thing...

But holy crap! with the BB AT Preamp in front, the Concert was like a fire-breathing alternative universe Marshall. Which I didn't expect.

And of course, I'd like to try the Bassman IRs with the actual matching Tweed Bassman.

I thought that the Concert sounded better with the 4x10 Super Verb speaker impedance curve that Burgs had chosen, rather than the Bassman curve; so I left it like that, even with the Bassman cab IR.

With my recent Bassman love, I’m definitely going to grab this pack. Justin owes you a 6” sub for this post!

Makes sense. L6 spent a huge amount of effort painstakingly shooting those new cabs and curating the best of them.
yeah they are really amazing and really its the ease of use
but if I cant get from cabs then ill look into IR
and from what ive tested the LT TV Mix 7 should be the cats meow

I'm interested in a lot of stuff, but probably looking for Fender style speakers [...]

My go-to BF Fender clean patch is the Bandmaster with just a touch of drive from the Micro Boost and the YA DXVB Verb Deluxe pack (1966 1x12 Oxford).

Sure, it's not the original speaker configuration, but I think it sounds great. Our tastes may differ, though 🤷‍♂️

There is a matching 1x12 Oxford speaker impedance curve.

Last edited:
Back