JP2C+ at home. Thinking of buying it.

Had one and couldn't get along with it after a while.
You sure do make that one sound glorious!

mfqmonndjukivewm03se.jpg

Last edited:
The difference I hear in the clips is in all in the midrange. The JP2C is less mid-forward with the way it is setup and in this case I like it despite being a fan of the SLO.

I like the sound of both of those. The JP2C can probably be made to sound more like the SLO by bumping up the high mid and top end just a bit. I wouldn't kick either one to the curb though.

Is this the part where I tell you what I’d do to dial in the same tone I dial in on every piece of gear I touch? Ok here we go!

I hope this doesn’t get me banned, but backing that gain down ~30% will dry up some of the splat around the edges and push the attack forward a bit more.

The temptation to use all the gain on tap is real, but IMO these amps sound best with less gain. It’s hard to verbalize it but there’s a point on the drive dials where you lose the chirp in the top of the pick attack and get more honk…that’s too far, dial it back a bit. Then double track it. That’s the sound.

ABSO-freaking-LUTELY! I play my V:25 in IIC mode and have the gain around 11:00 - never higher than noon. The treble (2nd gain pot) is where I get the hair.
Exactly. The treble is almost a second gain control. If absolutely necessary, hit it with an EQ pedal to pop up the upper mids, just please god no tubescreamers.

Back