John Cordy Tries New Fender Player II Strat…

Nothing fundamentally wrong with them though and they are cheap. An hour on the beach fixes 99% of any issues you typically see. The Sire is shit to the core.
Twisted necks, humps in necks are a little more serious than minor issues.

No disagreement on the Sire though.

Was thinking the same thing. An hour on the bench isn't going to help with hardware made from pot metal and bodies from wood that was rejected by all of the better quality Fender divisions.
Yeah and as such a small shop that we are, we sure do get a lot of Fender MIM turds. I guess Fender ships them all to Illinois (or wherever people are buying them and bringing them to us). 🤣

Was thinking the same thing. An hour on the bench isn't going to help with hardware made from pot metal and bodies from wood that was rejected by all of the better quality Fender divisions.
What hardware? And the wood selection is still pretty good compared with other manufacturers.

How do you cherry pick online? Because there aren’t a lot of Fender dealers besides GC these days. Small places won’t carry them.
You don’t. Don’t buy anything that you haven’t played unless you’re happy to return it.

I disagree, I would always cherry pick if possible.
You’re missing my point. If you have the luxury of going to a shop and trying a few/many of a model, regardless of price, then yes obviously cherry pick. That applies to a sub-$1000 guitar to a $4000 guitar.

I’m saying that IMO there are other brands that are far more consistent that if buying blind is the only option, yields better results.

You’re missing my point. If you have the luxury of going to a shop and trying a few/many of a model, regardless of price, then yes obviously cherry pick. That applies to a sub-$1000 guitar to a $4000 guitar.

I’m saying that IMO there are other brands that are far more consistent that if buying blind is the only option, yields better results.
What are they IYO, I am not seeing it at this price.

Yes I wouldn’t disagree on the SE less so with the Reverend. Less appealing than a Fender to many people though. LTD is solid too.
MIK LTD/Schecter yes.

I know you’re not a big fan of the PRS SE stuff, but I don’t see any of the issues with those as with the fender shit.

MIK LTD/Schecter yes.

I know you’re not a big fan of the PRS SE stuff, but I don’t see any of the issues with those as with the fender shit.
I just don’t see many issues with the MIM Charvel, EVH ,Fender apart from the odd fret sprout and even that is quite rare. Maybe the climate where you are is causing problems. It’s pretty consistent here with no extreme temperature or humidity changes. The only things I see that would make me pass is over rounding of the frets or fretboard edges. This is just as common with SEs and anything at that level. The MIM guitars from the Fender group have far better hardware and pickups than most, often branded and more than half the ticket price of the instrument in some cases. CTS pots , switchcraft and Oak Grigsby switches, Gotoh and Floyd bridges. All unheard of at this price. SEs have $7 pickups and alpha pots.

Back