John Cordy Tries New Fender Player II Strat…

According to PRS the new SE pickups - maybe just the "special" ones - are made in house. The older MIK stuff is definitely G&B, I have a few sets of those in my "pickup box", but not sure about the newer stuff, I will take your word for it though. PRS are very tight about their pickups so anything is possible right? ;)

G&B can't be the bottom of the barrel are they? I just put a G&B bridge pickup from my 2016 S2 into my travel guitar and it improved the tone..

..by making the guitar not so shrill :sofa

I have 2 S2s and an SE.. the s2 594 is getting the bridge pickup replaced, no plans to change the neck. The bridge change has more to do with wanting something a litter more modern chuggy sounding than anything else. no plans to change the se silver sky pickups. Kinda want to try some fancier pickups in the same vein as the D type and quasi filter type in my S2 vela, but the guitar sounds good as is :idk

I didn’t mind the pickups in my semi-hollow, they didn’t cause anything negative in the tones I got from it, they were just kinda bland to me. I don’t think I’ll ever not be blown away by the construction/fit/finish of that guitar, though. I’ll actually be reunited with it in a couple days!

I didn’t mind the pickups in my semi-hollow, they didn’t cause anything negative in the tones I got from it, they were just kinda bland to me. I don’t think I’ll ever not be blown away by the construction/fit/finish of that guitar, though. I’ll actually be reunited with it in a couple days!
Which one, the SE CU22 semi-hollow?

I’ve stopped paying attention to anything Cordy has to say about Fender.

He’s had some sort of personal vendetta against them ever since they gave him a free AVII.

Something obviously happened between him and the company around that time

I’ve stopped paying attention to anything Cordy has to say about Fender.

He’s had some sort of personal vendetta against them ever since they gave him a free AVII.

Something obviously happened between him and the company around that time
Have you watched the video? He received an absolute turd new-in-box.

He should explain why the high e buzzes and the lacquer issues . How and why they happened ,almost certainly after it was packaged. QC didn’t miss them they happened afterwards.

He should explain why the high e buzzes and the lacquer issues . How and why they happened ,almost certainly after it was packaged. QC didn’t miss them they happened afterwards.
No he shouldn't, he's not a guitar repair shop, he's a customer. A customer who got a POS product with flaws that shouldn't exist in that price range and all he did was report on it. Didn't bash it, didn't exaggerate, pretty decent video.
Them being a "good base", how you often put it, my
kiss my ass booty GIF

Also not one of the YouTubers who were shipping one for a review AND likely had theirs triple checked by QC prior.
This is the good part. He gets a random guitar. I personally don’t think anyone should buy a random instrument because even good examples vary enough for me to want to cherry pick.

The problem is not everyone has the ability to cherry pick guitars locally. I’ve had pretty good luck buying online, but I’m also not afraid to immediately return a guitar if it doesn't meet my expectations.

Back