John Cordy Tries New Fender Player II Strat…

Except for the issue on the back of the neck.
It looks like crap, it affects playability, and it's going to get worse over time.
That's not cool at $399, never mind $799 for a Player II.

No, it’s not cool. But my expectation of tolerance levels in QC is that the lower the price and the higher the volume the more tolerances there are.

It’s a numbers game. If 99% of the guitars shipped from Company A have zero issues and they ship 50 guitars a year that means I can expect roughly 1 guitar every 2 years to have issues when it ships. But if they ship 50,000 guitars a year I can expect 500 a year to go out with issues.

Cordy’s guitar is a sample size of 1, which by itself doesn’t mean much.

Base core fundamentals™
qhwykbpmxjb91.jpg

No, it’s not cool.

To be clear, I'm not arguing your general point at all.

With that brand name and at those price points I expect a 100% quick general inspection for stupid obvious things prior to it being given to the station that packs and labels it. My gut tells me that that particular stripe defect may have 'slipped' through that final step.

These things happen 100% AFTER the QC. The issues in the video are storage related. The E is a one second fix and the video is BS because he doesn’t know this.

Wood shrinks (and can also swell). Everyone who has ever worked with wood knows this.

Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

Back