Jimmy Page? He's sloppy live.

I do think that post-Zep Page has been a massive waste of time and talent. Unlike Plant,
who seems like he may have been the real creative spark and juice in Zeppelin. :idk

I’d probably lose some wind in my sails if John Bonham were my drummer and he died as well! Definitely quite the decline in output in comparison to Plant and Jones, though. I almost wonder if Zep was just enough for him, he was able to tackle everything he wanted and more in that band and that was that. The dude got sober and had all the money in the world with his name, he definitely could have gone off and done anything, much like Plant and Jones. Then again, maybe he’s perfectly happy staying home, sober and not being in the limelight as much.

Sure seems that way, Drew. He mentions things he is working on all the time, but not much outside of Zeppelin
reissues and remasters sees the light of day. :idk

Gotta remember too that the guy was a full blown heroin addict for a few years all while trying to maintain the biggest band in the world. Then Plant has the car accident that cancels all touring for 1976. The 77 tour happens while he's a junkie and then towards the end of it Plant's son dies and his band is virtually DONE. Then he and Bonham convince Plant to gig again, they do the HUGE Knebworth shows and small tour over Europe and announce Zeppelin's comeback with a MASSIVE 1980 US tour. Tickets go on sale.

apr2013-429_lg.jpeg

Then Bonham chokes to death in one of Page's bedrooms after a night of rehearsals. I tend to agree that the guy simply shot his whole load with Zeppelin and after Bonham died it was the last flick of flame burning out the dude's candle. And while Plant and Jones have done some amazing work since Zep, Jimmy's main thing has been overseeing the band's legacy.

He's been the one 110% involved with the original CD remasters and boxed set in the 90s, the vinyl re-issues, the complete re-masters of the discs with bonus tracks and outtakes, etc.

Last edited:
Anyone tried the Whole Lotta Humbuckers from Seymour Duncan?

My great friend and ex band mate has them in hIs Les Paul and is really happy bu he is an 80s shredder type and I've never heard him go for a page sound.

I had a couple of Bare knuckles sets in my Les Pauls and they were really good.

Last edited:
Most 70's players were not at all high gain they just played really loud
Another bridge set that seems pretty nice for that era are the Dimarzio Norton and the Suhr Thornbucker +
Looking very closely at both

Back