I'm jinxing myself I know but...what a deal.

I feel like we need a cheap s**t intervention, Bob.

Because we care…

Season 6 Episode 20 GIF by Parks and Recreation

I can honestly say that anything I've bought because it was “too good a deal to pass up,” I've ended up selling. Have not kept a single thing.

Hence one of the reasons I love a good deal. I can easily flip it for 600 if I decide I don't want it. Especially if they go out of production like some are speculating. I have been watching some of my old Digitech stuff go through the roof on pricing these last few years. Heck I sold my GNX4 Bible by Craig Anderton for almost 300 bucks. Got it at a yard sale for a dollar.

Hence one of the reasons I love a good deal. I can easily flip it for 600 if I decide I don't want it. Especially if they go out of production like some are speculating. I have been watching some of my old Digitech stuff go through the roof on pricing these last few years. Heck I sold my GNX4 Bible by Craig Anderton for almost 300 bucks. Got it at a yard sale for a dollar.

I guess, but I've grown to hate the whole process of selling stuff. Even to make a couple hundred, it isn't worth it, to me. However I get that it's fun for some.

I guess, but I've grown to hate the whole process of selling stuff. Even to make a couple hundred, it isn't worth it, to me. However I get that it's fun for some.

I despise selling in person unless it's a friend. I also will not ship guitars or amps any more. PITB. I have a pretty good rep on reverb so I usually sell stuff pretty quick.

You don’t find ”good deals” if you don’t shop or visit here and have seeds planted.

Every morning I wake up and plop myself on the toilet, first thing I do is check Craigslist and the FB marketplace. Even when I’m not looking for anything specific. My buddy is one of those guys who is ALWAYS finding amazing deals on stuff and he went through his itinerary with me, dude hits up EVERYWHERE, GC used, Reverb, Ebay, FB, etc and does it about every 2-3 hours.

I don’t have that much patience, or even time, but yeah, that explains all the killer deals!

Every morning I wake up and plop myself on the toilet, first thing I do is check Craigslist and the FB marketplace. Even when I’m not looking for anything specific. My buddy is one of those guys who is ALWAYS finding amazing deals on stuff and he went through his itinerary with me, dude hits up EVERYWHERE, GC used, Reverb, Ebay, FB, etc and does it about every 2-3 hours.

I don’t have that much patience, or even time, but yeah, that explains all the killer deals!

I used to flip gear (mostly amps) for extra income when it was much easier to make a profit. I had a running inventory in my garage of typically at least 10-12 amps. I would also make sure the amps all worked good and would spend some time with each one. I got addicted to gear acquisition and it hasnt gone away, I just don't do it for extra income any more. I do have a conscience though. Was at my local GC some time ago and they had a new Powercab+ tagged as a used Spider III for like 119 bucks or something. I was tempted to take a stab at getting out the door paying that 119 but instead I alerted one of the GC floor dudes who basically brushed me off with "ok dude" and then did nothing. So I put on my best Karen and asked for the Manager. He came out and I explained the mistake to him (as I was standing next to the PC+ guarding it the whole time) and he took it out back with him to correct the mistake. Unfortunately though not even a "Thanks" for that.

I feel like we need a cheap s**t intervention, Bob.

Would you call a GX-100 "cheap $hit"? Cos I am revisiting that as of last night. I sent back my original one cos it kept freezing and doing weird stuff. At the time the dealer (Zzounds) didnt have another "blemished" unit to replace it so in my fit of frustration at what the thing was doing to me, I ordered something else which I dont even remember what it was. Anywho GX-100 inbound.

I prolly should own one regardless cos I run the biggest GX-100 group on facebook.

Last edited:
Would you call a GX-100 "cheap $hit"? Cos I am revisiting that as of last night. I sent back my original one cos it kept freezing and doing weird stuff. At the time the dealer (Zzounds) didnt have another "blemished" unit to replace it so in my fit of frsutartion at what the thing was doing to me, I ordered something else which I dont even remember what it was. Anywho GX-100 inbound.

I prolly should own one regardless cos I run the biggest GX-100 group on facebook.
No! I have hem-hawed on getting one a few times but couldn't pull the trigger.

The Boss way of doing things just really drives me nuts if I need to incorporate anything outside of the box. I use the SY1000 at practice each week and caveats of use what they provide and be happy acknowledged; I LOVE my guitar tones and effects. Great sounds great feel. I don't like IR loading, dumb output select modes and inability (without some dumb gymnastics required) to get an IR to FOH while integrating it with the Badlander continue to keep the Boss out of my rig as of late.

Report back once you get it!

I used to flip gear (mostly amps) for extra income when it was much easier to make a profit. I had a running inventory in my garage of typically at least 10-12 amps. I would also make sure the amps all worked good and would spend some time with each one. I got addicted to gear acquisition and it hasnt gone away, I just don't do it for extra income any more. I do have a conscience though. Was at my local GC some time ago and they had a new Powercab+ tagged as a used Spider III for like 119 bucks or something. I was tempted to take a stab at getting out the door paying that 119 but instead I alerted one of the GC floor dudes who basically brushed me off with "ok dude" and then did nothing. So I put on my best Karen and asked for the Manager. He came out and I explained the mistake to him (as I was standing next to the PC+ guarding it the whole time) and he took it out back with him to correct the mistake. Unfortunately though not even a "Thanks" for that.

Oh, I have no conscience when it comes to that stuff and big box stores. I got a TC Electronics G-Force for $500 when they were still selling for $1000 because Sam Ash thought it was a G-Major. If it were a mom and pop shop then sure, or a private seller. That was the case with my friend who found an early 70’s Fender bass in her uncle’s closet, she was going to donate it to Goodwill and while I wanted it to flip, I sent her a bunch of recent listings that showed her she could get up to a couple grand for it.

Back