IK Multimedia TONEX

eggpl@nt

Roadie
Well, fellas, I preordered TONEX as part of a bundle with the Axe I/O and Amplitube. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase, but I’m willing to hop on the train and see where it goes. CHOO CHOO!

Anyone else have any gut reactions from what’s been revealed so far? How much faith do you have in IK to make this work?

IK seems to have their sh*t together and I’m anxious to see where they take this. I would absolutely snag a pedal version, even if it just contained profiles and couldn’t create them. I’d actually probably prefer it, if it meant it’d be smaller.

They were hiring down here a couple years ago for a product tester, I should have checked into the position but I had just gotten promoted at my current job and made the assumption I wouldn’t be making the same kind of money if I left my company. That’d be an awesome job, no doubt!

I can't stand IK's AmpliTube product and pricing structure. ToneX is more of the same, so nope for me.
I respect that. I suppose the ability to create your own content makes one less reliant on IK’s content and whatever prices they set on it. I ditched Positive Grid for similar reasons, and they were really my intro to VST modeling.

Well, fellas, I preordered TONEX as part of a bundle with the Axe I/O and Amplitube. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase, but I’m willing to hop on the train and see where it goes. CHOO CHOO!

Anyone else have any gut reactions from what’s been revealed so far? How much faith do you have in IK to make this work?
I am in also. Have an Axe I/O and load boxes. Will be fun to compare vs QC. Fully expect it to hold its own. IK has been making good moves last year or two.

I am in also. Have an Axe I/O and load boxes. Will be fun to compare vs QC. Fully expect it to hold its own. IK has been making good moves last year or two.
Really curious on your opinion when you’re able to compare them. I thought captures were my favorite thing when I tried the QC (next to form factor).

I’m hoping so, not because I think the QC is evil or anything, but because I’ve got no desire to spend $1700 on something I’d only ever use at home. Did you order the DI box too, or just the AXE IO and software?

I also noticed I’ve got $70 in Jam points, whatever the fuck that means. So that’d put a dent into the reamp box.

I’m hoping so, not because I think the QC is evil or anything, but because I’ve got no desire to spend $1700 on something I’d only ever use at home. Did you order the DI box too, or just the AXE IO and software?

I also noticed I’ve got $70 in Jam points, whatever the f**k that means. So that’d put a dent into the reamp box.
I’m pretty sure I won’t need the DI box with my reactive load boxes and the Axe I/O so I held off on that.

I’m pretty sure I won’t need the DI box with my reactive load boxes and the Axe I/O so I held off on that.
Yeah, it took more digging than I care to admit to come to this conclusion, but the site does confirm that, if you have an Axe I/O + Mic, no other hardware is required (except cables, obvs). Otherwise, you would need some sort of reamp box, like the IKM Capture or Two Notes Reload.

Personally, I'm also going to make liberal use of a load box. In trying to make IRs, I've learned that my mic'ing skills need work :idk

From this page:
1662391825365.png

Yeah, it took more digging than I care to admit to come to this conclusion, but the site does confirm that, if you have an Axe I/O + Mic, no other hardware is required (except cables, obvs). Otherwise, you would need some sort of reamp box, like the IKM Capture or Two Notes Reload.

Personally, I'm also going to make liberal use of a load box. In trying to make IRs, I've learned that my mic'ing skills need work :idk

From this page:
View attachment 161
Oh that’s right; I forgot the Axe IO has that amp output.

I'm really grateful to IK for all the free plugin kickdowns they have done. Tonex is going to kick ass. I hope the integration with Amplitube is a high priority to them.

Looks like the ToneX captures have hit tone.net. I’ve listened a lot of the high gain captures. In general, they sound fine, but the sound samples don’t grab me. I’ll have to experiment to see if any of the “stock” captures captivate me.

Back