IK Multimedia TONEX

currently watching sadites vid (i skipped the first 10 minutes or so, soory) :bag

Yep, sounds like a modeler.

So far in Tonex I've been playing Red Led Drive which is a Tone Model of a Marshall JVM410HJS with a cab based on a Marshall 2551A using an Old Ibanez RG570, and I must say I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

Whoa, an hour of "training" to make a single profile on a decent i9 CPU. I guess that kills any chance of floor unit.
Unless they offer some cloud service.

Whoa, an hour of "training" to make a single profile on a decent i9 CPU.
It supposed to be around 5-10 minutes with NVIDIA cards.

A GPU is optimized for doing huge numbers of floating-point operations in parallel, which I suppose makes the complex learning process a lot faster.

Last edited:
I actually like Jason’s videos. He’s really thorough, dials in great tones, and is a really good player. And he got a fantastic capture out of that Revv Gen120. If he’s telling the truth and that’s the first shot at it, ToneX is impressive as f**k.
I like him but certainly wish he would dial back the running times significantly. And when he takes commenters with a differing opinion (AKA "That doesn't sound like AC/DC tone to me?") he does himself no favors.

currently watching sadites vid (i skipped the first 10 minutes or so, soory) :bag

Yep, sounds like a modeler.

This was a good video. I was very impressed with the results. The length of time it takes isn't ideal, I still think the UI/UX is clunky, and my ears 100% do not align with the ears at IKM, but once good user content starts flowing, this will be a useful tool.

Whoa, an hour of "training" to make a single profile on a decent i9 CPU. I guess that kills any chance of floor unit.
Unless they offer some cloud service.

I’m hoping they just release a small pedal that houses already snapped captures. Transfer caps via USB to the pedal then throw the pedal in the loop of an amp ftw.

Last edited:
Back