IK Multimedia Tonex Cab

Someone got a picture of the back of it….
14A659B2-6D33-4F45-AF17-54F491B65F89.jpeg

Has there been any confirmation that this is even a legit 'new' product?
Maybe they just put some ToneX themed grill cloth on a pair of speaker cabs they were going to be using to make their NAMM presence look more impressive
I don't understand why they wouldn't be talking about it at NAMM if it is a new product.

Has there been any confirmation that this is even a legit 'new' product?
Maybe they just put some ToneX themed grill cloth on a pair of speaker cabs they were going to be using to make their NAMM presence look more impressive
I don't understand why they wouldn't be talking about it at NAMM if it is a new product.
Kemper had cabinets made just for presentation for years and users were asking about them, so they developed what they felt was the perfect system, and nothing to do with the original cabs that were never for sale.

Kemper had cabinets made just for presentation for years and users were asking about them, so they developed what they felt was the perfect system, and nothing to do with the original cabs that were never for sale.
Yeah. I’d imagine they’re looking to see if obsessives like us would get more than 3 pages deep on a forum about it before they greenlight.

Right now I’m using a pair of IK Micro Loud half of the time and bouncing back and forth between a Kemper Kab powered by a SD170 and the power amp in of a Katana Artist 100 MkII the other half of the time.
Keeping cab modeling on always with the IK Micros and with the Kemper and with Katana I usually have cab modeling off.

The Micros are really good but have that "FRFR" recorded kind of quality where the high range and low end are delivered as somewhat separated. Where as the Kab and Katana have that warmer and ‘singular’ sound source. Kab is best right now. Only thing that beats it for the ‘speaker-in-the-room‘ sound is a real guitar cab/speaker but that eliminates the variety that cab modeling delivers.
im really hoping someone can beat the Kemper Kab at delivering the modeled cab sim via a guitar-speaker driver. There is still a bit of room for improvement I think.

So where we at with this thing? Rebranded Katana or something substantial? What do we know? I figure jackshit?

So, running 4 digital devices in series is IK's idea of a great rig (let alone without any master MIDI controller or so...)?

I’d rather see the true response of a speaker than something that has been smoothed. 👍🏻
I think (though I'm not certain) @Deadpan's point was that the IK graph was anything but a true response curve, unless IK has figured out a way to make that curve turn right angles at fixed intervals. (Which would be massively impressive - just not for this application LOL.)

Back