IK Multimedia Tonex Cab

Lysander

Shredder
Looks like they're ready to announce it on NAMM.

Source

Interesting. I’m curious if they’ve got any new innovations built into it. So far nobody has truly nailed the cab-modeling/cab-replacement. Will this be the one?…

Reactions: JT
TONEX SpeakerTM
Only $299*

*Limited to 20 minutes of use with intermittent white noise. Additional use and access to XLR inputs and requires upgrade to TONEX Speaker MaxTM
If there’s a way to hobble something and upsell full functionality, there is no company more guilty of this than IK. (And I say this as someone who thinks their stuff is pretty good. But their nickel and dime tactics always make me feel gross about buying their stuff.)

Not a fan of how it looks, the grill cloth screams “I’m digital, I’m digital!” and I think “no stop it, you’re a cab.” Kickstand is always nice though.

Looks small-ish? 10” woofer size?

Looks reasonably inoffensive to me. The question is, will this be just another Headrush "FRFR" or something actually good.

BTW does anyone know what the pedalboard in the picture is? Haven't seen that hole pattern before. I was rewiring my Temple Audio board yesterday and getting annoyed by the small holes to run cables through.

Not a fan of how it looks, the grill cloth screams “I’m digital, I’m digital!” and I think “no stop it, you’re a cab.” Kickstand is always nice though.

Looks small-ish? 10” woofer size?
I guess the cloth design is just like the discombobulated one on top of the ToneX pedal. Continuity, sorta ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I think of IK and ILoud speakers they are known for; I think of the repeated blatherings of how every FAS Recto bass excursion is inaccurate and how unrealistic it is, only to see some 3" turd on a random desktop somewhere being used by the person making the complaints. Gee; you think the bass is lacking?

When I think of IK and ILoud speakers they are known for; I think of the repeated blatherings of how every FAS Recto bass excursion is inaccurate and how unrealistic it is, only to see some 3" turd on a random desktop somewhere being used by the person making the complaints. Gee; you think the bass is lacking?
You mean my 6 inch studio monitors won't sound like a 4x12?

The iLoud Micros sound huge in about a 3’ x 3’ listening position on a table or desk. Absolutely love mine.

Back