I want a Mesa Flux Drive.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
This thing sounds nuts. Because why use the channel switch on the Badlander or the Plumes when you can put a distortion box with a 5 band eq in front :bag

Mesa pedals are solid, good stuff. I used the smaller Flux drive pedal with a Vox Night train head, was very nice.
I have always wanted a real Grid Slammer because the one in the Spark is so killer. But it's a TS variant and I am not that excited about it for that reason. However valid that is or isn't. The Flux Drive sounds good in demos as well and seems a little less prone to user error than the Flux Five would be.

I have always wanted a real Grid Slammer because the one in the Spark is so killer. But it's a TS variant and I am not that excited about it for that reason. However valid that is or isn't. The Flux Drive sounds good in demos as well and seems a little less prone to user error than the Flux Five would be.
Well I found the EQ on the smaller Flux version was very good as the Nighttrain didn’t like midhump pedals. Actually drove me insane trying drive pedals until I got that “aha, this amp is already a big freaking midhump” moment.

So my guess is that Flix five probably can do alot.

Well I found the EQ on the smaller Flux version was very good as the Nighttrain didn’t like midhump pedals. Actually drove me insane trying drive pedals until I got that “aha, this amp is already a big freaking midhump” moment.

So my guess is that Flix five probably can do alot.
When Paul from Guitar World makes something sound good you know the company is on to something :rofl Did you have the Flux Drive then I assume? What amps did you use it with?

If they had that 5-band EQ available when I was using the Peaveys I probably never would have gone back to Mesas. I use that 5-band in almost every amp in my Fractal gear.

If they had that 5-band EQ available when I was using the Peaveys I probably never would have gone back to Mesas. I use that 5-band in almost every amp in my Fractal gear.
A buddy elsewhere recommended the Fulldrive 2 as a good 2 gain stage alternative. Didn't you just pick one up?

No you don't. Seriously. Don't be fooled by another Youtube Demo. ;)

It sounds nothing like ANY Mesa amp. I own a few still.

I wanted to love it so much. That and the Throttle Box. I have even
owned both multiple times because I didn't trust what I already
felt about them. Yeah, I do that.

You are entitled to not believe this could be true, too. I know what it is
like to be the guy that has to find out for himself---even if it means
running into oncoming traffic. :LOL:

When Paul from Guitar World makes something sound good you know the company is on to something :rofl Did you have the Flux Drive then I assume? What amps did you use it with?

Dude, every now and then a gear demo will pop up on there and I get excited until I see it's him. He could be playing through Gilmour's '94 rig, going through every aspect of it and I wouldn't watch it. I don't know if that dude is like really good at one style and they stick him on tons of stuff outside that style, but I haven't heard that one style he's good at yet. He's a great example of "the gear is playing him".

Doesn't the Fulldrive 2 have the same op amp as a Tubescreamer? Just with a
couple more clipping options via the toggles?

I liked it for Blues or boosting a driven amp. I don't think it excelled as a gain stacker
that approached anything remotely heavy, though. Barely scratched classic rock
territory as I recall. :idk

I'd be stacking it on top of a Boogie dirt channel, for what it's worth. I don't expect miracles necessarily but just some additional spice on top of the crunch mode.

What Mesa pedal do you recommend?

JT, how’s the plumes? I need to watch some demos. The price is nice. You still jonesin for the flux? I might have to grab one if I see one at Gibson Garage

Back