I Think It's Nice To Know Members' Tastes. So..., Question For You...

I don’t think I have one. I guess maybe it would be The Beatles?

I don’t think I even have a favorite genre…

Here are the top 5 from my Amazon Music 2023 year in review:
  • Hans Zimmer
  • Danny Elfman
  • Al Di Meola
  • Brad Paisley
  • The Beach Boys

Sorry, don't do hypotheticals. Too many relationships with women where I didn't
realize it was a trap and would come back to bite me in the ass. :LOL:
Someone Dying GIF

At this precise moment I'll pick one. The answer will be different tomorrow - maybe drastically different.

Snarky Puppy

Not to derail from "favorite band", but like Spotify, Apple Music has started the year in review thing, and mine has every year back to 2015, which is awesome. It's fun to see what you listed to the most each year.

2015 for the Wookiee:

View attachment 18217

This is my 2023 top 5 as according to apple music

Obviously new releases affect these lists a lot, at least for me.

1707032126206.png

Oh nice. Dream Theater is kinda cheating, since they’re songs are routinely 6-12 minutes long :rofl

View attachment 18239
Not shown is Porcupine Tree at 5, so Steven Wilson technically makes it in twice.

I was thinking that my ranking list is skewed by the fact that I've read a lot sci-fi during 2023 and I read while listening to playlists made to set the mood. Haken, Caligula's Horse, Leprous (#8), Soen (#10) Katatonia have been in high rotation.

I've reread Dune and Dune Messiah listening to exclusively Katatonia.

My tastes are pretty eclectic, ranging from ABBA via AC/DC to ZZ Top.
But if pushed to narrow it down my top 10 would be
1.Led Zeppelin
2. Black Sabbath ( Ozzy era)
3. UFO ( with Michael Schenker)
4. Lynyrd Skynyrd ( original line up)
5. Alice Cooper ( original band)
6. Budgie
7. Yes ( classic 70's lineup with Rick Wakeman)
8. AC/DC ( Bon Scott era)
9. Trapeze.
10. Rival Sons

But I also love Within Temptation, Epica, Eluveitie......
man, I could list loads, but where do you stop???????

I'm a favorite band shape-shifter. AC/DC, Stones, Oasis, Black Crowes, Steely Dan, STP, Rival Sons, Cracker, Cake. The whole Madchester scene, if I can cheat.

Right now it's been a 2-year long Morphine revival. Fits good in my head right now.

EDIT:

(I like) Anybody pre-grunge (exception given to Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger).

Last edited:
If I was really forced to name just one, I guess it's gotta be The Beatles, simply because they've been one of my first noticeable influences, still impress me and I can always go back to them.
Not exactly comparable, but Pink Floyd are similar to me (until The Wall, which I already found to be not as great as their older stuff).

Otherwise, I absolutely love all sorts of funky stuff but there's no single acts I could name, let alone a number one, sometimes it's even just single songs.

Whatever, if I had to name a more or less recent band that I keep listening to, including concerts I keep visiting (3 times by now), it's gotta be the Foo Fighters.

But then, there's all the others - and it'd be a shame to not mention them. So, no real favourites from me I suppose (let alone that things change on a daily base).

All time: Led Zeppelin
Was born in 1960 and Zep was the band that guided the journey from adolescence thru the teen years.

120269_0_wide_ver1623704004.jpg

Last edited:
Back