I posted on TGP today

And regretted it while reading the second response. Some people just love to show the world their penis hat.
EA21C784-DD99-4BA7-B91D-866D80A542A7.gif

Yeah, I’m mostly out of the TGP game by now.

LOL.

I think I’ve been there only once since coming here.

I think all my favs are here, so what’s the point? I mean, there are some cool cats still over there that aren’t here, but man i don’t like weeding through dog crap to try to find a random gold nugget occasionally…

I still post there for two reasons-

-I really like gear.

-The stereotypical TGP’er, the guys that give it it’s reputation, crack me the f*ck up.

There’s a 30-page thread about the Greeny Les Paul filled with all kinds of gems about how Kirk doesn’t deserve to be the owner, how it’s original owners actually played something that meant something….but my personal favorite was the guy who said Kirk only bought Greeny to help him remain relevant in pop culture. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

It’s those golden posts that can only be outstanding satire or completely “WTF, dude. Like what the actual f*ck.” that keep me going back. There IS a great amount of information and experience on there, I can totally geek out on some vintage stuff, I nerd out on pedal history and the different specs between pedals, the actual reason why it’s called The Gear Page.

I really wish I could have seen it in the early days and forward to see where the feel of that forum took root and became the stereotype.

I check in for my sales. And look at the pedal subforum since I am apparently in the throes of that at the moment :oops:

D&M has a few people I have yet to see make it here (Ejay, Riffy, Den, GT1000 Phil). Beyond that; it pretty much eroded away for my tastes. I know what I like in that arena and I don't need to read threads as if I am scrolling through a FB feed where some savant is telling the whole world that their modeler sounds just like a real amp now that they are running it through a 100 watt power section into a 4x12 cabinet.

I still frequent GGF which is an awesome offshoot of HC from back in the day and the FAS forum. Despite not currently owning their products because I like self inflicted modeler FOMO :cop :sofa :chef

There’s a 30-page thread about the Greeny Les Paul filled with all kinds of gems about how Kirk doesn’t deserve to be the owner, how it’s original owners actually played something that meant something….but my personal favorite was the guy who said Kirk only bought Greeny to help him remain relevant in pop culture. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

It’s those golden posts that can only be outstanding satire or completely “WTF, dude. Like what the actual f*ck.” that keep me going back.

Yeah, that sunking guy going on about the utter massiveness of Peter Green and Gary Moore compared to Hammett was killing me… I mean I'm huge a Green fan too, and can appreciate Moore, but I don't pretend that anyone other than extreme guitar nerds have any idea who they are. They certainly don't have 1/10th the marketability and name recognition of Kirk Hammett, there's just no arguing it.

Yeah, that sunking guy going on about the utter massiveness of Peter Green and Gary Moore compared to Hammett was killing me… I mean I'm huge a Green fan too, and can appreciate Moore, but I don't pretend that anyone other than extreme guitar nerds have any idea who they are. They certainly don't have 1/10th the marketability and name recognition of Kirk Hammett, there's just no arguing it.

Like I said in that thread, it blows my mind how people can straight up ignore reality because of their preference to someone’s music, or their dislike of it for that matter. TGP’s been good for TGP’ing lately, this thread popped up today and I initially thought the guy was sh*tposting/being satirical, which plays right into the reasons I love TGP-

I’m still not sure if he’s being serious or not, I’m starting to think he IS, but it’s REALLY f*ckin hard to tell with hits like this-

wish it were the case but my tone has exacting standards and requires the extra cubic inch and a half of wood.

Edit- Just saw he said in another post that he knows none of this effects the tone in a meaningful way. The fact that I still had to question it is good enough for me. :rofl

Last edited:
Like I said in that thread, it blows my mind how people can straight up ignore reality because of their preference to someone’s music, or their dislike of it for that matter. TGP’s been good for TGP’ing lately, this thread popped up today and I initially thought the guy was sh*tposting/being satirical, which plays right into the reasons I love TGP-

I’m still not sure if he’s being serious or not, I’m starting to think he IS, but it’s REALLY f*ckin hard to tell with hits like this-

That last line is definitely a joke. That guy's alright and pretty funny a lot of the time.

Peter Who?

Kirk is a great Player and he loves guitars, the whole Wah thing is really all Bob Rocks fault to certain degree
Joe Satriani said oh yeah Kirk is a really great guitar player seeing as how he taught Kirk
and as for this Greeny think that's Gibson who approached him and said hey want to make some Money and make us a whole bunch as well

Back