What's The Deal With TGP ?

PLX

Shredder
TGF Champion
So, I fired up Ye Olde VPN service this afternoon and logged into TehGearPage using my 17th ALT account for the first time in like 3 years..

WFT is up with the ads ?

The entire screen on my 56" monitor is being blasted with all kinds of stupid ads! Sidebar ads. Banner ads. Epileptic-seizure-inducing flashing ads.

I don't remember TGP being like that a few years ago. :unsure:

YouTube: "Your video will load after this ad 5..4..3..2..1.. <another 15 second ad you cannot click thru >

TGP: "Hold my beer. Watch this."

giphy.gif

Is your ad blocker broken? it's been that way for years without a good adblocker.

Don't get me started on YouTube.

Welp, TGP's down for the past few hours so... could be related ?
Yeah, I just tried to connect and got 404. Yesterday I was searching for an old post I made there and it was down for a bit.

Maybe they are under attack. Maybe upgrading. Who knows.

Even though TOP has its share of Bullshift there is still some valuable info on the site.

So, I fired up Ye Olde VPN service this afternoon and logged into TehGearPage using my 17th ALT account for the first time in like 3 years..

WFT is up with the ads ?

Just recently ago TGP was running a sweepstake in "collaboration" with Fender. On every single page refresh you'd get a full screen ad to be clicked away - and it was up for for a month or so. Made the site literally unusable for me.

Anyway... i think those guys have more pressing problems to deal with right now.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 221514.png

Read the yters killed rock'n'roll guitar thread. While the premise is wrong in my opinion there were like two or three posts that had any weight behind them ... waste of time. It's most of the time like this.

Read the yters killed rock'n'roll guitar thread. While the premise is wrong in my opinion there were like two or three posts that had any weight behind them ... waste of time. It's most of the time like this.

Yup.... an incessant stream of diarrheal hot takes. No thanks.

that site is broken AF. It basically doesn't work at all on my work computer anymore, not sure what the deal is there, works "relatively" ok on my mobile

They should add more pop ads. Like at least 25 more need to happen every time you go there and then every time you click somewhere on the page while you're there regretting the decision to go there. I especially like the ones that come out nowhere, blow up to take up the entire screen, and make it impossible to close. Really makes you wanna stop going there forever lol.

Back