I lied about GAS. I want a single channel, face ripping Marshall

Why no boosting?

I think the best “face ripping” Marshall tones come from the combination of something like an SD-1 up front. It tightens and focuses the gain in a nice way that to me sounds better together than the amp alone
I already have to boost the BL. I just don't want to do it. I don't boost the Stealth unless I feel like it. I might have unrealistic expectations. Certainly.

I know you don’t want to boost. I dislike that as well but if you are going to 4cm the fm9 you would have every boost they have super easy.

When I say I don’t like to boost it’s because I want to plug straight into the amp only but if I am 4cm boost and gates galore at minimum.

The jube has tons of gain but it's the Marshall kind of gain. Controls are sensitive though so you can shape it quite a bit. One thing to keep in mind is that it MUST run at least at 7/10 master vol.

Started window shopping. DSL needs a boost. 800 needs a boost. JVM is confusion fest "this channel needs a boost, this amp doesn't have enough gain, this amp OD1 is good and OD2 sucks while this one OD2 is great but everyone mods to OD1 specs". WTF.

I started looking at the SLX as it has a pretty good lower key rep for being evil. Is there something attainable I am not thinking of? I don't want a Friedman or some modern version from another manufacturer. I want the OG :satan
My Monomyth modded 1987x is exactly this.

If you want a Marshall you don't have to boost then it needs to be the jvm IMO. It's genuinely not very confusing at all but is really versatile. Well it's versatile if you want it to do that. I use two sounds on mine 99% of the time.

Will the power section difference be a dealbreaker you think?
I don't really know, probably not a dealbreaker when used with a load box + IR or at lower stage volume or in the studio, but might be less big sounding compared to the 50W/100W versions when cranked without studio EQ magic.
Try finding some comparisons on youtube.

My Victory RK50 I think qualifies, if you can live with just a tone knob vs full BMT controls. Built in boost for chugs.

So wait, I'm confused. Is stepping on a pedal too much work or you don't have enough boost pedals for all your rigs?

What about an always on boost? You could leave it on the amp, or even behind the amp so you don't see it and forget it's boosted! :LOL:

So wait, I'm confused. Is stepping on a pedal too much work or you don't have enough boost pedals for all your rigs?

What about an always on boost? You could leave it on the amp, or even behind the amp so you don't see it and forget it's boosted! :LOL:
It's not about me being lazy. Moreso just want something with 'enough' baked in. I know I can leave things connected perpetually and that's not a dealbreaker but just want a sort of set it and leave it option without external pedal power, blahblahblah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it has a pedal type boost built in? Anyway I personally like hitting the Marshall amps that don’t get high gain with pedals to get me there.
I know. It's how you're supposed to do it :bag I might just go pick up an OG 5150 an call it good :oops::unsure::facepalm:rofl

Back