Here comes Kemper. Bye Felicias

Cool.

Defenitely. The Mooer is almost every bit as stupid, the LEDs above the switches indicate the loops' status. The only time I really need to know which loop is on/off is in manual mode or when programming the unit, for programmed mode, let me see my selected patch as nicely as possible.

Not really, but depending on what you switch, there might be minor pops (fortunately not with my current setup).
Definitely, the display in the G-Lab is well visible. My opinion is that you shouldn't have complaints on that regard.

would’ve paid full-size Kemper price for a seriously spec’d small unit. That said, ten years ago my green box earned its price back in the first couple days, and eventually many, many times over — all before the delay, drive and fuzz fw rebuilds were even implemented. So I’m guessing the Player is gig and record-worthy, even if for many of us it does seem, on paper, like a technical rewind. Anyway I thought the current effects are eventually coming And the player is the coolest looking or only cool looking mini unit.
Thing is…I got used to the sound of the Keeley Halo….love it. I can get close enough with the KPA….but not with the delays in the player…Kemper will probably release an update option the day I gave up on it ….and ordered something else ;)

Kemper is obviously a special amp. It’s true, a nice vintage five watt Valco with a “vintage” L6 M pedal can still slay for most any jazz or light blues or pop gig and any recording, tone-wise, if one is able to squirm out of the overpowered mindset .. But yes Kemper is a great reliable and even inspiring way to make music. Since I have mostly left well enough alone for a decade (only occasionally sticking holy grail pedals in front or in the loop and still with my same old tube amps, and only flirting with a dozen or so amp plugins), it pleases me to read that you — someone who has done a ton of experim
Yeah…it must be around 8 years now using kemper. I also use and analog board these days…with preamps, compressors and a Halo, Boss GT core as a tuner/verbs/misc stuff. For live use I like the knobs, fact that efx are separated from amps (married in presets in digital stuff).
What is great about profiling..is that I can always verify that my digital solution is on par with analog…that little devil of doubt creeps in every once in a while ;). I guess for that reason alone I’m best of having digital stuff that can capture….and an analog rig laying around…else I might go chasing windmills buying every modeler on the planet ;)

Halo….love it
that thing sounds beautiful
that little devil of doubt creeps in every once in a while
know it well .. with digital tone creep is kinda mental .. but with my old rigs unfortunately it’s kinda real .. as the tubes and other components “evolve” .. anyway great if you catch your amps with a profile at their highest point

PS Obviously it’s not the gear, but it helps to be happy

PSS For all the haters, my point is not that KPA is “best” only that I’ve never heard a compelling reason or sound sample for abandoning it for another solution. I’m pretty sure just about anything can work in this day and age. I’m just one of the lucky ones who hasn’t been chasing his tail trying to verify what’s what. Tubes and Kempers both work.

Back