Helix Talk

Screenshot_2024-08-08-15-28-53-411-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

What if the expression pedal were a modular thing, where it slots in with an aluminum dovetail and connects via magnetic contacts?

EDIT: "Look upon my red herrings and despair!"

You could do a mini spring loaded expression pedal which would fit hand and glove with a new 105Q model.

1723145405914.png

What if the expression pedal were a modular thing, where it slots in with an aluminum dovetail and connects via magnetic contacts?

EDIT: "Look upon my red herrings and despair!"
What would make that exciting is if it was also an excellent wah/volume/expression pedal on its own that would be desirable for people who do not have the main unit it attaches to.

What would make that exciting is if it was also an excellent wah/volume/expression pedal on its own that would be desirable for people who do not have the main unit it attaches to.
To keep heading down this rabbit hole, you could also do an expression pedal with 4 switches, call it the EX4, and add in pitch effects and whatever else we use an expression pedal for. But I’d still want my flagship to have an expression pedal built in, or for my imaginary EX4 pedal to plug directly into it so I’m not fussing with power or routing.

Fwiw, one of the benefits of a detachable EXP pedal certainly would be that you'd please right- and left-footies equally. I know one guy personally who said he couldn't buy a Helix because he's left-footed and absolutely wants his pedals to the left of all the switching business. Which I can perfectly understand.

Fwiw, one of the benefits of a detachable EXP pedal certainly would be that you'd please right- and left-footies equally. I know one guy personally who said he couldn't buy a Helix because he's left-footed and absolutely wants his pedals to the left of all the switching business. Which I can perfectly understand.
Seems like someone hellbent on finding problems to me.

I'm very strongly left handed and footed, and never had a problem reaching over with my left foot to activate my wah, or move the expression pedal.

Seems like someone hellbent on finding problems to me.

No way. There's a reason why people are placing their EXP pedals left or right from the rest. Especially when playing musicals and such (so you're sitting), stretching your foot out to either reach the pedal or switches isn't great at all.

No way. There's a reason why people are placing their EXP pedals left or right from the rest. Especially when playing musicals and such (so you're sitting), stretching your foot out to either reach the pedal or switches isn't great at all.
Yes way.

Am I the only one who thinks if a pedal or Helix is too small or inconspicuous, that it's more likely to get stepped on or damaged on stage? For me at least the Helix occupies a space in front of me that's not going to get filled by anything or anyone else.

Am I the only one who thinks if a pedal or Helix is too small or inconspicuous, that it's more likely to get stepped on or damaged on stage? For me at least the Helix occupies a space in front of me that's not going to get filled by anything or anyone else.
If Helix was smaller, that "sacred" space would just be smaller😅

Back