Helix JCM800 2203 Request Thread (FW 3.70 new Brit 2203)!

Quick tip for the new 2203, the master volume starts to smooth the preamp fizz (opens up) at around 2.4 so try with master slightly below that then above that until you find the sweet spot.

Another trick is to dial back the gain to 4-5 and the master to 6-7, that's the AC/DC kerrang sound, a bright preamp into a cranked power amp, cleans very nicely with the guitar volume pots.

The model takes real or modeled boost pedals great.

Quick tip for the new 2203, the master volume starts to smooth the preamp fizz (opens up) at around 2.4 so try with master slightly below that then above that until you find the sweet spot.

Another trick is to dial back the gain to 4-5 and the master to 6-7, that's the AC/DC kerrang sound, a bright preamp into a cranked power amp, cleans very nicely with the guitar volume pots.

The model takes real or modeled boost pedals great.
Silver Horsie :guiness

Silver Horsie :guiness

Silver Klone or gold Klone can be hard to pick. The answer is to have both.

IMG_20231116_192732.jpg

IMG_20231116_192837.jpg

Thank you @Digital Igloo and everyone at Line 6 for the Brtit 2203 and thank you @James Freeman for fighting the good fight!
I ended up buying a Tonex this past month just because of the 2203 but it stopped working yesterday. The universe was definitely trying to tell me something 😂
The funny thing is that now I'm not that interested in sending it back to be fixed, the Brit 2203 is sooooo good.

@James Freeman

Hope you weren't offended by my reference to you over at the L6 forum. Like @Tito83 your harping finally got the job done, and 3.70 should have been named for you!

As for my "crown" and the general tone over there.
There's around a dozen of us who are very involved and solve people's problems on a daily basis.
We do tend to get a little short tempered when people seem to be trolling the forum, jumping all over L6 and talking up other products.
It's because we really do like Helix, and Line6.
Overall, I think that even then we're (usually) a lot more polite than many on TGP and even here, where many claim to have fled to escape the vitriol, then continue with the same BS they were famous for over there.
Sometimes it's a good idea to step back and look at ourselves in a mirror.

'nuff said! Rock On!

Back