Helix JCM800 2203 Request Thread (FW 3.70 new Brit 2203)!

Fwiw; I have the modeler people say has the best selection of Marshalls there are and I never touch a single one of them :bag¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hear that. I don’t know about you, but modeler or real amp, I have a tough time getting the glory out of a Marshall. When I do find it, I get why it’s so loved.

Also, I might be the one person the Origin is made for because I can always find my happy place on that. Unfortunately I just need them to make a 2 channel version of it because the boost is too much.

Irony is ironic:

On one of @Jarick many back and forths over the years, at least on clip strength; the Helix JCM sounded much better than the other options he clipped at the same time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Irony is ironic:

On one of @Jarick many back and forths over the years, at least on clip strength; the Helix JCM sounded much better than the other options he clipped at the same time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did I do the JCM 800? I’ll have to check. I think I have a bunch of tracks now I could easily remap.

I do prefer the Fractal 800 quite a bit although I need to turn the bright cap way down. The Helix is just so gainy it doesn’t seem to crunch well.

Did I do the JCM 800? I’ll have to check. I think I have a bunch of tracks now I could easily remap.

I do prefer the Fractal 800 quite a bit although I need to turn the bright cap way down. The Helix is just so gainy it doesn’t seem to crunch well.
Iirc; I liked the HX one the best.

Iirc; I liked the HX one the best.

I think I did two, one was an old one from back in 2017-18 where I ran a rotary for black hole sun, the other was newer with candlebox. The newer one was the jcm 2204 mod and not stock though.

I’m half tempted to grab a used GT Core locally again and do some more comparisons…

James get a Fractal and be done with :D

Solution to this problem is easy James. Use something else.

@James Freeman thanks for lobbying for us Helix users. For a lot of us moving away from Helix is less than ideal/not an option, 1. Because Helix and HX Stomp offers amazing workflows, integrates beautifully with other gear, and is priced just right for a lot of folks. For me personally the FM3 is too expensive and I cannot justify the upgrade. I also love the sounds from the Helix, amp models, effects and everything. I KNOW that the sounds are in there, and I believe Line6 will one day give us a beautiful Marshall or 2.

@Digital Igloo we believe in you.

@James Freeman thanks for lobbying for us Helix users. For a lot of us moving away from Helix is less than ideal/not an option, 1. Because Helix and HX Stomp offers amazing workflows, integrates beautifully with other gear, and is priced just right for a lot of folks. For me personally the FM3 is too expensive and I cannot justify the upgrade. I also love the sounds from the Helix, amp models, effects and everything. I KNOW that the sounds are in there, and I believe Line6 will one day give us a beautiful Marshall or 2.

@Digital Igloo we believe in you.

I will say that part of the reason I always sought another modeler/profiler despite always having a Helix of some form or another since 2016 is that they tend to be on the sloooooooooooow side in terms adding depth/breadth to their categories (In other word, they only have a single Dumble, a single modern Marshall, a single Mesa Mark, etc.). I thought the partnerships with 65 Amps and the acquisition of Ampeg would add some pretty obvious in-house Marshall variants to spice things up, but not yet.

For me, Helix + ______ is a winning formula, and for the past year or so, the blank has been FM9. Between the two, I'm good for the foreseeable future. It could be JUST Helix at some point, but they gotta fill out some of these categories, IMHO.

James get a Fractal and be done with :D
I have to admit, this is one facet where Fractal beats the panties off of Line 6. Not only are the original circuits there, but you have the ability to mod them yourself if you so choose. On the Helix, you’ve got a Line 6-curated selection of amps that in some cases have been modded. Unless you’re a fan of that particular mod, you’re gonna be underwhelmed.

On the flipside, though, Helix has a better selection of fully-modeled real-world pedals vs. Fractal, where you sometimes have to roll-your-own with the available options.

I will say that part of the reason I always sought another modeler/profiler despite always having a Helix of some form or another since 2016 is that they tend to be on the sloooooooooooow side in terms adding depth/breadth to their categories (In other word, they only have a single Dumble, a single modern Marshall, a single Mesa Mark, etc.). I thought the partnerships with 65 Amps and the acquisition of Ampeg would add some pretty obvious in-house Marshall variants to spice things up, but not yet.

For me, Helix + ______ is a winning formula, and for the past year or so, the blank has been FM9. Between the two, I'm good for the foreseeable future. It could be JUST Helix at some point, but they gotta fill out some of these categories, IMHO.

Hey mikah !

" For me, Helix Floor / LT / FX + Tonex " -or- " For me, GT1000 + Tonex " = boom ... done !

You're Welcome :) ;)

Back