Helix issue? Weird stuff happened

One thing to note here. I noticed after the FW update completed, it got stuck on rebuilding preset 15. Did the same exact thing when I updated to 3.6 and both times I had to shut it off and re-do the factory reset procedure. It has moved past preset 15 now and continuing.

One thing I always do during sound check is set levels. It was running around where it always is about -15db then with solo boost on almost a dead on -12db which is supposed to be unity on my mixer. It absolutely sounded like digital clipping combined with no cab in the chain. According to my Helix LT display and my mixer preamp level, neither were happening.

You can clip blocks in the helix chain even if the output isn't clipping can't you? You could try increasing some of them just to see if it causes any issue if they are borderline clipping already. I don't use it a lot so I don't remember, but I thought it was possible to do that without realizing it by the output level alone.

You can clip blocks in the helix chain even if the output isn't clipping can't you? You could try increasing some of them just to see if it causes any issue if they are borderline clipping already. I don't use it a lot so I don't remember, but I thought it was possible to do that without realizing it by the output level alone.

Maybe but it doesnt explain why it worked fine at a gig the day before and I made sure to check my levels in the blocks (including the cab block) when I was troubleshooting it. I have caused it to do similar by accidentally turning the cab/IR up too high but it was set normal @ -18db

Back