Helix Firmware 3.60

No. All fine. It totally depends on what you use and what want to achieve with it. I struggle to get nice upper mids with "air" on the 2x12 - it's either harsh or not open enough for me basically. Doesn't mean it's bad - just not my idea of it.
Mind sharing your settings?
FYI if you're interested. Last night I modified one of my everyday presets and replaced one of the Bluebell 2X12s in my dual cab block with a Bluebell 1X12, So I was running one of each. I used a 421 on the 1X12, moved it back a little ways, and a little to the side. Kept the 57 on the 2X12 just like it was in the settings I mentioned above. Really liked it a lot. I'll have to give it another test run to make sure it holds up to fresh ears, but I'm glad you mentioned the 1X12. I might wind up with 2 1X12s before it's all said and done. If it matters the patch was a duplicate of my Ventoux standby patch with the Elmsley replacing the Ventoux.

Is anyone else having their presets drastically changed when saving in 3.60? My snapshot mix levels for say Hall reverb, or threshold levels on Deluxe Comp are being severely messed up after 3.6. Possibly its happening when sending to native and back but for some of them, they have only been on Helix Floor and are now quite different than they were

@Digital Igloo any reports of this?

Hey there, I have a question for you techies. I am currently using the new 3.6 cabs, and specifically a dual cab with a greenback 25 and a mandarin 2x12 V30. I do like the results, but I had to choose the Mandarin as an alternative to the Brit V30 (my natural choice) which I don’t quite like.

What I would like to try is to blend the greenback 25 cab with a 3rd party Marshall V30 IR that I know I like. So here’s the question. I imagine the stock greenback cab is not minimum phase? I don’t recall reading it is. So the process should be that I first make an IR out of the greenback, then I compensate for the delay between that and the other IR, then mix the two of them. Correct? Any tips for making the greenback IR? I can create a preset having only the stock cab and then do a frequency sweep; should I maximize levels in the preset?

Thanks for any insights!

I did do that. I have used my own GB/V30 mix of 3rd party IRs for a while now. It’s just that I like the new stock GB more than the 3rd party’s one — it has the GB frequencies that are right to my ear. And my mix has more of the GB than V30. So I just thought I’d stick with the Line6 GB and try to mix it with a different V30. I know, life’s hard :facepalm

So far, so good on my 3rd try to get 3.6 to not be buggy. This time completely uninstalled and cleaned out via Revo all HX software and re-installed latest. Then ran the update from HX Edit. Typically I was using Line 6 Updater for all FW updates. I did have one weird thing happen a few minutes ago where the wah in my chain turned itself on when I switched back to the patch but saved it again in the off state so we shall see.

Havent really tried any of the new stuff other the first day I tried the 3.6 update I messed around with the Grammatico and the Elmsley a little but they aren't my cup of tea really. Not the kind of circuit I'd dig IRL either.

So far, so good on my 3rd try to get 3.6 to not be buggy. This time completely uninstalled and cleaned out via Revo all HX software and re-installed latest. Then ran the update from HX Edit. Typically I was using Line 6 Updater for all FW updates. I did have one weird thing happen a few minutes ago where the wah in my chain turned itself on when I switched back to the patch but saved it again in the off state so we shall see.

Havent really tried any of the new stuff other the first day I tried the 3.6 update I messed around with the Grammatico and the Elmsley a little but they aren't my cup of tea really. Not the kind of circuit I'd dig IRL either.
Seems like quite a few bugs with old presets on 3.6, but seems to be ok if you make new versions and save

Back