Helix and &^*%$*$%^&$%*^&$*^&%$*%& Impulse handling :(

The presets are compatible but not 100%.
In HX Edit (hardware) you have Bypass/Controller Assign and in Native you have Automation/Controller Assign which are very different, also Inputs and Outputs are different, importing and exporting back and forth will remove this data.

EDIT:
I'm wrong! :facepalm
It does preserve the Bypass/Controller Assign if you go from Hardware to Native and back to Hardware.

Last edited:
Oh wow. I wasn't aware of that. Gotta be careful when/if I move any of my Native presets across to my Floor unit then, coz some of my new Sloganyear stuff uses Helix Native quite a bit.

importing and exporting back and forth will remove this data.

That's something extremely important to be aware of.
And it's also why one of my wishes would be that HX Native and HX Edit would become one single thing (obviously available standalone, too).
Given that all my patches contain a vast amount of sometimes pretty tricky switch arrangements, I can never check them out in HXN. And because of that, transfers in either direction don't work really well, either.
In addition, if HXN was able to communicate straight with your hardware, that'd open up for quite some more kickass possibilities, too.

Yes it would be handy if HX Edit had an offline mode.

Not just that. I want HXN to feature a HW simulation (ok, sure, minus the I/Os, but there could be placeholders - heck, in a more advanced world there could even be plugin inserts...), so I could actually set up a patch working on the hardware instantly.
Has been like that with Guitar Rig and Rig Kontrol II (before stinky Native Instruments rendered one of their HW pieces useless for the umpteenth time), you could just do switch assignments within the plugin, too (they could then either represent the actual hardware or MIDI messages - quite excellent, really).

I think it seems to keep most of my hardware switch and controller assignments when I send to native and back, but its always terrifying as you really gotta check each one. And James confirmed that in some cases bypasses could do funny things as well.

I was wrong. :facepalm
It does preserve the Bypass/Controller Assign if you go from Hardware to Native and back to Hardware.

Thanks pipe, I edited my last post.

Interesting. Will check - maybe it was buggy in previous iterations (didn't check in quite a while).
Still, would be pretty nice if the plugin offered more compatibility (such as a visual and functional representation of the hardware switches).

Back