Helix 3.2 when?

It would seem this is the most hyped up Firmware update ever, by any company
this means really high expectations, which usually means that when it is released
it may disappoint, hoping im wrong :bag

I really don't know what to expect from this update at this point.

The only thing I know is that they are working on the feature I wanted most but won't be part of this update.

the full independence of single parameters assigned to footswitches from snapshots.

I see.

One example I can think of is using always on short reverb, then kicking the Decay time up for a segment that requires several snapshot changes with the same long reverb.
Another example is some synths have CV Inputs to control specific on/off/range parameter, that is useful for switching sounds during a performance.

Can you give more examples of how keeping the state of an individual parameter between snapshots can be used?

Last edited:
I see.

One example I can think of is using always on short reverb, then kicking the Decay time up for a segment that requires several snapshot changes with the same long reverb.
Another example is some synths have CV Inputs to control specific on/off/range parameter, that is useful for switching sounds during a performance.

Can you give more examples of how keeping the state of an individual parameter between snapshots can be used?

An easy one.
you like to turn on and off the hbe mode of the placater dirt model whenever you need it in a preset that uses snapshots (let's say for recalling different fx combinations)
you can't do that because once the hbe on/off parameter is assigned to a FS changing snapshot will revert it's position.

@James Freeman. Since they allowed us to mix snapshots and parameter assignments in 10 stop mode using the command center this "missing feature" has limited the potential of mixed layouts.
Not that wasn't a limitation before the new command center, because we were able to mix 4 snapshots and 4 stomps, but now has become really important (for me at least), and the 10 stomp page is really powerful now and can do much more. I wish the helix floor had more switches, LOL.

I see the helix more like a big rig controller with added modelling than the other way around therefore I look forward any improvement in that area.

you like to turn on and off the hbe mode of the placater dirt model

That's basically CV or Channel footswitch like on some amps/synths/effects, very useful.

Another cool use is to change the Looper Playback volume for a segment that requires several snapshots changes.
I agree, that feature opens up many possibilities, it would definitely be cool to have it.

this "missing feature" has limited the potential of mixed layouts.
Yep.

I did something over in the other place. Just to see what happens.

Happy Cracking Up GIF

Back