Has modeling killed replacing pickups?

Ha, I've actually never done it myself, always pay a tech. Especially when I had Lollars put in a 335, man that is not a job I would ever want to try myself. :eek:
Did you by chance see the winder’s signature on the Lollars?

If they’re signed by a dude named Ed … He is my buddy.

Last edited:
One of the things I love the most about modelers, at least at this point in time, is how sensitive they are to different guitars/pickups. Regular amps are as well, but having so many different amps to choose from, I feel like you get a better idea of what a guitar actually sounds like by cross-referencing it through different amps.

This is the ONLY reason I stuck with Fractal and was blown away by their modeling. It really is. The sounds
were there (or within range) on other platforms, but the damn sensitivity with the Fractal still blows my
mind.

I can remember modeling when no matter what you played it all sounded relatively similar on the output
side. And there was ZERO responsiveness and sensitivity to volume/pickup changes, and player dynamics.

This is the ONLY reason I stuck with Fractal and was blown away by their modeling. It really is. The sounds
were there (or within range) on other platforms, but the damn sensitivity with the Fractal still blows my
mind.

I can remember modeling when no matter what you played it all sounded relatively similar on the output
side. And there was ZERO responsiveness and sensitivity to volume/pickup changes, and player dynamics.

Hahahah I had a Line 6 GuitarPort when they came out and used it for years, didn’t matter if it was my Strat with single coils or my JEM, it all sounded the same! That thing was awesome for the time, though. I was totally tripping out I could play guitar through my computer, got my first DAW shortly after that and I was off to the races.

Yes to an extent. I used to look for a particular sound but now a good solid generic sound will work . I can dial in the rest.

mind.
Yeah yeah keep it up :cuss

:LOL:

Back