Hard Drives, Backups, And Other Ways Not To Lose Your Shit.

I run a 2TB Time Machine, all Logic sessions sync to the cloud, and then a 4-bay NAS and another 1-bay NAS with a USB drive as backup. So effectively the data is in six places.

External drive. I keep everything in 3 separate folders and just manually copy them.
And if your backup is in the same physical location as your computer, you're not really backed up.

After I gave my pc for repairs and he wiped everything clean on it without telling me and then had audacity to ask for money... I started toback up my files on external hard drive....

This pc is extremely old needs reformat and i cant be arsed .... but i know some point time will come to back everything up and reforat.

so short answer is yes, i do back up my songs now.

@DrewJD82 and anyone else who doesn't have a backup plan yet, at the very least, just keep the files you would really miss WHEN, NOT IF, you experience a crash, in one folder. Then just copy that folder onto something else every now and again. It'll keep a date as to when you last did it.

That way you'll at least have your data.

@DrewJD82 and anyone else who doesn't have a backup plan yet, at the very least, just keep the files you would really miss WHEN, NOT IF, you experience a crash, in one folder. Then just copy that folder onto something else every now and again. It'll keep a date as to when you last did it.

That way you'll at least have your data.

I‘m at least organized enough to do that!

Back